1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Like the seat area

·
Registered
28 Posts
looks good I like the black but is it matt ?
tech pack on 21 superduke is £ 850 most likely similar
, cant see radar option in powerparts so is it standard ?
many questions lol.
I think its going to be pricey.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Is this going to be £7k better than my current one.
Don't think so

·
Registered
89 Posts
It starts at £14.999, the power is still listed as the current model, torque about the same give or take a couple of NM. Weight is 5 kilo heavier. Won't be changing mine

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Be interesting to seat how it handles. Might be wrong but are the tyres new I wonder.
Looks like the seat may be slightly lower which I like but I'm the same as ddktm.... Won't be rushing out to change it

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
On the plus side the video looks great

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I wish KTM all the very best trying to sell that up against the new Multistrada.
It's £5K cheaper than the multistrada which is a lot of trips, fuel and beer.
The new mutley hasn't gone down well with current duke owners, myself included. I prefer everything about the new KTM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Might be wrong but are the tyres new I wonder.
These are the tyres :

Motorcycle manufacturer KTM says its 1290 Super Adventure S offers “unmatched sportiness with unrivalled performance,” promising riders a motorcycle “capable of chewing up many miles of varying terrain with untroubled ease.” These miles will be Mitas miles: KTM Sportmotorcycle GmbH has chosen the Mitas Terra Force-R as original equipment tyre for its new 160 hp travel-enduro bike."

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
So Mitas wants to improve its image and has given KTM a price the cannot refuse....

...Generally I am quite nostalgic, but not when it takes me back to the 90's when the first thing you did to your new bike was bin the shit tyres.

Probably a bit harsh, but the offerings from Conti, Metzeler, Pirelli, Dunlop, Michelin and Bridgestone are likely a decade ahead in this game. Another "Own Goal" as it may limit the ability of the press bikes to compete with other bikes on much better tyres.

On the up side, the tread pattern looks nice.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
And 10 months later, they’ll discount the list price by £3,000 and knacker the second hand values (as per usual). No thanks.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
That's just the cost of being first.
Some people will pay it, and likely not even care as it'll all be on finance which is essentially free money isn't it. :sneaky:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts