KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
As you know I’ve had a fucking truck load of bikes and nothing beats the Gen 1 SDR. Yes it needs a bit of fettling but most bikes don’t they ? Once done it’s so good. I’ve not had a test ride on a gen 3 yet but have had a go on the V4 SF and it’s no street bike, it’s insane top end. The Tuono Factory is mega abd Id like to ride both a S1000R and a Monster 1200R to see how they go
You won't like the S1000R after a V-twin. Power is right up at the top end and the engine feels like you have to rev the tits off it. It goes well enough when you wind it up and it's a good chassis but IMO if you fancy an I/L four the MT10 is a better bike. Thirsty, looks that only a mother could love, but more fun to ride with more character.
But both these bikes are getting left behind and both are due a major update.

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
I sometimes jump on big IL4’s though abd think “Ah, this is lovely and smooth, 20mph in top and no juddering” I think the MT10 would be a hoot but I just can’t like it’s looks, although I have seen a few modded ones that look nice, with a cool zorst, tail today, seat cowl etc.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Should have mentioned the Yamaha hipster bike and Weeksy would have creamed his skinny jeans
I'm all over Gen1 1290s but the gen 2 they started messing about with daft colour schemes and making things more refined. I'm sure they're great, but Gen1 is the kiddy

·
Registered
15,583 Posts
Worst bike I ever owned was a Benelli 1130 TNT, was like a canal boat in corners
I had the TreK Amazonas. It wasn’t a good bike. Poorly made too. But the triple was great fun. Not sure how long it would have lasted, I didn’t have it long.
Here is a selfie I took with it after riding off road for hours and it shaking me to bits 😂

6C755E94-5F5D-490D-A488-C7AD3B6CCAED.jpeg

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
I had the TreK Amazonas. It wasn’t a good bike. Poorly made too. But the triple was great fun. Not sure how long it would have lasted, I didn’t have it long.
Here is a selfie I took with it after riding off road for hours and it shaking me to bits 😂

View attachment 34981
I reckon it was wank that bike, you look suicidal on that pic 😂😂😂

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Black is OK but that grey and white thing with bits of clashing orange was an abomination. Didn't really like the white and bronze SE either. Could never understand where that idea came from, though they do bling up well.
Unsure about the blue gen 3. I think if I was buying a new one it would be black. They say once you've tried black you never go back. Not sure that's true because I've tried it twice but that's a whole other thread.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I was going to book a test ride on the H2Z a couple of weeks ago. Walked into Branson's to fix it up and take a look at the thing and it was so abominally ugly I didn't bother. However well it rode I could never live with a thing that hideous. It looks like it's been designed by a committee from a parts bin, and worse, it looks cheap and nasty while actually being very expensive.
Their demo bike was the red and black option which looked truly terrible, like a nasty budget commuter bike. And there's really tacky looking black plastic everywhere. Every bike manufacturer overdoes the plastic these days, and KTM are as guilty as anyone, but Kawasaki have taken it to a new low with the Z. It looks like it's been made from a pile of old melted down lorry mudguards that have been collected from the side of the road.
I cannot understand why they've done this. The original H2 in its own garish way looked quite classy. It certainly looked like e it was worth the price tag. And the H2 sports touring thingy though it's in that horrible (to me) Kawasaki candy green, does have a premium look and feel about it.
They've fucked up with the ZH2. Headline numbers are all very well but not at any price. It's some achievement to build something so ugly that potential customers can't bring themselves to ride the demo bike.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Spot on. At the NEC a couple of us stood with our backs to it whilst leaning against the rail like a pair of farmers watching no one come and take a look. Massive dead duck. Insurance will be dead cheap as no thief will want them.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Kwak is hideous.

MT10 looks like a crashed transformer.

Ducati is Meh, in my opinion.

Tuono looks purposeful.

Gen 3 SDR not as nice looking as gen 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I hear what you're saying about Ducati and I've been riding bikes 38 years to date and never owned a Ducati.. Had c. 10 KTM's mind and x2 Aprilias that I still have today (the Aprilias I mean and one is a 2T RS250)

I do like Triumph. Their dealerships and service in my experience and I've owned a couple have been good, so I'd very happily have another although if it's built in Thailand or wherever I'd be less tempted than a Hinckley built bike.

2021 Speed Triple could indeed be a great bike - let's hope so..
How this can even remotely be a great bike ? a fucking legomobile. They prolly invited CGI director of Transformers to design this piece of crap.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts