KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some ummming and arrring i finally took the plunge and bought a set of Akros for the Duke and they are fitted & Re-map.
i managed to find a couple of Raul Moat lookalikeys to help me carry the stock exhausts to the car.
Then took the bike for a gentle tootle around the countryside. What a difference it feels like a completely different bike, i don't know if it's just in my head but it's nowhere near as snatchy on the throttle. i know what people mean when they say it feels down on power but i think that is because it is smoother. Weight difference clearly makes it better and the noise is superb.
All the grovelling and snivelling to her in doors appears to have been worthwhile.:666:
i dont want to push it with her but already thinking 'What next' maybe something a little less expensive like sprockets ?:D

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Try a larger rear sprocket. The SDs are all geared a bit tall and sometimes you snick into first on slow tight corners... Going up 2 teeth on the back makes second gear more useable, and I think the whole bike comes alive in the twisties on shorter gearing. The chain will still be long enough if you switch the rear spacing blocks around by the axel - which also reduces the bike's trail by a welcome few mm.

Apart from that, spend cash on getting your suspension set up for your size & weight. The SD has great suspenders and it's worth using them properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts