KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after a jacket that will fit a Leatt neck brace if anyone want to swap for my jacket shown below? It's a XXL or XXXL (packed away at moment cos it's summer...so cannay remember) and doesn't have armour as i wear a skeleton suit underneath.... anyone??

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I don't think there are all that many jackets that will take a brace. You could use your current one and not do the zip up all the way...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think there are all that many jackets that will take a brace. You could use your current one and not do the zip up all the way...
yarp, i've tried that but it's still doesn't feel right. might just have to become a seamstress and snip it a bit...

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
yarp, i've tried that but it's still doesn't feel right. might just have to become a seamstress and snip it a bit...
If it helps, I know a couple of seamstresses (that doesn't look right :confused:) who could probably help - or at least I can ask...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it helps, I know a couple of seamstresses (that doesn't look right :confused:) who could probably help - or at least I can ask...

ha! Nah, it's alright mate... i'll see what i can do if i can't find a swapper.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You'll be lucky to get a swapsie!

The only jacket I have seen that accomodates a neck brace is the top of the range Klim item. In the unlikely event that an owner is unsatisfied with it at about £1000 :eek: he is likely to want some coin as well as your px

Good luck though

BTW I came accross a GSer on Hard Knott pass yesterday. New bike, pristine full Klim adventure suit and matching helmet (him not me, I was covered in shite). I grinned at him as I passed round the inside of one of the hairpins stood on the pegs. In fact I was grinning the whole way up and down. As I was sat at the top having a brew he came by about 5 minutes later, then a car stopped and remonstrated with me for riding too fast. Job done!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I picked up one of last years KTM rally jackets for not a bad price (can't remember exactly but don't think it was that much) anyway that's been nice and tough and has the collar to take a neck brace.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do KTM not sell these Rally Rep jackets anymore? This one cost about £150 I think. It has a collar that unzips to fit a neck brace. Also has no armour so I wore an amour jacket under it.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The Acerbis Desertika jacket is designed to accomodate a Liatt brace.

(I think the various team jackets are based on this jacket) Not much colour choice though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts