KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
from my understanding:
fuel injection bikes: it uses the TPS for selecting the correct ignition timing advance, and injector duration.
carved bikes: mostly for tempering the ignition only.

some say you can ride with the TPS disconnected and it livens things up a bit (because not delaying the timing).
never had a TPS on a carved bike before so can't comment on this.
does raise the question: if your bike starts without the TPS connected, how does it react/behave compared to the issues you have currently?
I have also heard of people disconnecting them and running fine without. When I rebuilt the carb I reassembled it and clocked the TPS with a factory paint mark I didn’t use a multi meter. I have adjusted it back into spec so I will reassemble everything, adjust the pulsar coil pickup gap and see what happens I reckon

·
Registered
436 Posts
no inspection glass on the stator side of the engine just a plastic inspection cover u can peek through
ah that's right, the 660 doesn't have the starter motor so the rotor is also a dry system. sorry I was confused with the 640 engine with starter (and is wet with a spy glass in the cover). my bad.
alzheimer light picking up:censored:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
No problem, the bike is all back together, I will try and get it out and see if we’ve fixed the misfire today. I’m not super hopeful but we will see. What do you reckon? Could the TPS be causing all my grief?

·
Registered
436 Posts
could be.
like I said I never had a carbed bike with TPS.
so far its been simple: if the bike isn't revving high or is spluttering its either the ignition or the carb. now there is a 3rd parameter and that's the TPS, so let hope that when its set as per manual the bugger finally runs properly!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts