KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help? Ive got a Jester68 exhaust and I'm after a DB killer for it.
anyone know where I can get one that fits straight off without any bending and cutting?
Many Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nothing that I could find, ended up making one out of several different baffles I had laying around from various bikes, but still only got it down to 98db still that's enough for track use:burnout:

·
Registered
214 Posts
You tried getting hold of gez? He might make you one

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Yes there is the Arata 58mm, U can find this on the fleabay...noise level drops from 125db to 104db, still loud though, but it will do
with some small adjustments U can manage to get 102db, but U'll have to take care that the pressure inside the exhaaust don't build up to much

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
there's only one problem...the lockbolts melts with the heat, first arata I tried was launched into orbit upon the feckin E17 overhere

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Vortex that's great :) around the 100s is where I want it, I like loud pipes its just the Jester without the DB killer is just a bit much! I find even with ear plugs it rattles my brain :burnout:
Will get on fleabay now and have a search for the Arata .. Thanks Buddy.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
there's only one problem...the lockbolts melts with the heat, first arata I tried was launched into orbit upon the feckin E17 overhere
Maybe you could try an Aerotight locknut. They don't contain plastic and shouldn't come loose with heat. Evil Bay Aerotight nuts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
thanks Vortex that's great :) around the 100s is where I want it, I like loud pipes its just the Jester without the DB killer is just a bit much! I find even with ear plugs it rattles my brain :burnout:
Will get on fleabay now and have a search for the Arata .. Thanks Buddy.
Can believe, when I lost my arata the other day, I still had to cover 45miles. First hours after arrival I was deaf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update ..Got the Arata DB killer and fitted in easy enough. big thanks to Vortex155, the noise level dropped to bearable and things were looking good until I was on my way back from Brackley Motorcycle Festival yesterday on the A43 when Plod undertakes me with the disco lights going! so I pull over to be subjected to a 15 minute bollocking about noise pollution!:wanker: ...plod reckons he had his siren going for about 5 mins but I didn't hear him coz my pipe was too loud!
Think I might have to go back to standard can until I can convince the missus 2 grand on an Akropovic or termi system is a good investment.:confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I bought the arata DB killer - it went all the way in and i couldn't get it back out!

eventually did - but I had to re-rivet the end cap back on lol!! Anyways, it does not fit in mine like the pictures I see on here!

Does anyone know off hand what the internal diameter of the Jester DB killer is? I was thinking about trying to fit a baffle inside it to prevent it happening again..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've measured it at 58mm I got the Arata DB killer from pipewerx and it fits ok ..did have to cut about 10mm off the end.
also ive just taken the SAS off which has sorted the popping and banging I got the removal kit from zen overland for £30.
I have been looking into fitting a secondary muffler a firm called PH Engineering make generic muffler/silencers and I'm thinking a link pipe off the outlet of the jester then into a silencer....bit like the new JCE system, although mine will probably look shite :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts