KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...some 17" wheel to my 640 enduro.

Heres a pic when I first got the bike fitted with road tyres to the 19" rear and 21" front.

And here is after with the 17" wheels fitted.

Cheers Kev for sorting the spacers and wheels.

I had to remove the rear brake caliper and carrier to get the wheel in, without griding anything off. Removal of the lower guard was also nesessary but replaced after. I made a mod to the chain guard which was to remove the inner part from the main guard by drilling out the two rivetts holding the parts together, and then trim the upper part of the guard by the wheel and tyre to accomadate the wider wheel.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Nice, i allways wonder now why they called these bikes snduro as from what everyone says the lc4 is crap for competion and even not great for road use as service intervals are smae as race bikes. And there heavier.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks nice mate, does it feel much different on the roads?

whats the actual differance between the enduro and the normal 640 lc4 SM? just smaller wheels and different gearing??

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wanted to convert mine the other way, SM to enduro. But at the time couldn't find any wheels or much information. might just leave it as is.

·
Premium Member
31,618 Posts
They are Supercorsa Pro..... there is no tread on the side from the factory :) Same with those Maxxis legal cut slicks ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't been out on it yet as today I've mostly been at North Weald Basset Bikefest/Straightliners event, sitting in the outfit hanging on up the air strip.

Times
Run 1
Elapsed time 13.28s
Terminal 110mph
60 Foot Time 2.387s
Position in Class - 2nd

Run 2
Lost ticket, but slower than the first run.

Run 3
Elapsed time 13.95s
Terminal 109mph
60 Foot Time 2.950s
Position in Class - 2nd

Run 4
Elapsed time 13.55s
Terminal 107mph
60 Foot Time 2.300s
Position in Class - 2nd

Run 5
Elapsed time 13.06s
Terminal 110mph
60 Foot Time 2.340s
Position in Class - 2nd (and thoughout event)

Winner in class was -10.24s @ 130mph

Only real prob was a NOS line bursting from the fogger on cyl 3 on the third run. The 900psi Nos line nearly flayed my fingers off when it leg go. Runs 1,2,4 & 5 where without the NOS
:eek:

This was the first sprint with this particular outfit. More of a shakedown run to test electric speed shifter and NOS conections. Though we struggled to the bottle up to temp.

I'll let know tomorrow how the bike goes with the other wheels.

·
Premium Member
31,618 Posts
no laughs from the laughing gas then? slowest runs with NOS cant be right...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
slowest runs with NOS cant be right...
Thats because the run got aborted halfway up the strip when the pipe blow off the fogger unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts