KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I had a RMX 250 1990, best bike I have ever owned, at the time I had quite a reputation for wrecking bikes but that rmx just kept coming back for more, Wish I still had it.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I nearly bought a new one once, full YZ with a different trans. Cool bike
Yamaha bought out the WR 250 in 1989, Wide ratio gearbox, lightng coil and a few other bits, also blue seat instead of red on the YZ, I saw one on show at an mx meeting at Hawkstone park. Would have given a kidney, liver, an arm and a leg for that bike.
:(That was 31 years ago!

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my mate use to race a yz250wr i think it was a 92 he had it for years loved it, i have been after one, there was a restored one on ebay a few weeks ago around 3500, the good thing with a rmz they are not massive money, a few on facebook for sale, one road reg for 1200 but a bit of a shitter, but he said its had engine work, i also like the crm and the later kdx

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Yamaha bought out the WR 250 in 1989, Wide ratio gearbox, lightng coil and a few other bits, also blue seat instead of red on the YZ, I saw one on show at an mx meeting at Hawkstone park. Would have given a kidney, liver, an arm and a leg for that bike.
:(That was 31 years ago!
I was going to trade my 2005 WR250F in on one. Yep, full road registered. Ready for the bush. Ours were all blue.
I ended up with a GSXR 1000 K5 instead. And then bought a Husky WR250 smoker. Good bike too. Looked ace.
Here it is with me jumping out of my dads dam, dressed in my off road gear.😬
At least I had my Pastrana Shoei replica on. Still got it.

4A779431-6618-486A-837E-A15EA02A306B.jpeg

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
my mate use to race a yz250wr i think it was a 92 he had it for years loved it, i have been after one, there was a restored one on ebay a few weeks ago around 3500, the good thing with a rmz they are not massive money, a few on facebook for sale, one road reg for 1200 but a bit of a shitter, but he said its had engine work, i also like the crm and the later kdx

That looks very clean, wish you would not do this I am going to have to find a 90 rmx now.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I was going to trade my 2005 WR250F in on one. Yep, full road registered. Ready for the bush. Ours were all blue.
I ended up with a GSXR 1000 K5 instead. And then bought a Husky WR250 smoker. Good bike too. Looked ace.
Here it is with me jumping out of my dads dam, dressed in my off road gear.😬
At least I had my Pastrana Shoei replica on. Still got it.

View attachment 32176
[/QUOTE
Green flip flops on a red bike is just wrong.

·
Registered
257 Posts
With the race number panels built in to the back mudguard?
No..... the race boards were built into the rear of the side panel , were`nt quite as far back as the back mudguard.

Thinking about it is bringing a tear to my old eye.
😥

·
Registered
257 Posts
My KX420 taught me more about bike control than any teacher ever could. Fell off it more times than I care to mention back in 80/82. When I finally got the hang of it I had switched to road bikes. The crosser was the best training I ever got for riding a road bike.
If I wasn`t old and fucked now, I`d have another one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's very clean, guy owned it for 25 years took it to a suzuki dealer had the engine rebuilt and sold it, guy from Kent way bought it, rebuilt the calipers new disks pads chain and sprockets and new boots, but where he lives he has to do a bit of mileage to green lane so he wanted a drz I paid £2200 delivered by courier, they are not mega money atm, the rmx or kdx or crm all around 2k cheap fun and some nostalgia

1 - 20 of 20 Posts