KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how good are the RC8 R? Are there many problems,l or things to look out for etc? More importantly, just how suitable are they for a lanky fat twat? Being 6'6 and best part of 17 stone, it's generally quite awkward to find something comfy, saying that, I love my sdr

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just back from a 3000 mile ride down to Serbia and Croatia on my RC8. Mostly on back roads, motorways avoided at all costs! I am shorter than you, and of "dart player" physique and the RC8 offers excellent comfort. Dont forget the bars, subframe and pegs all adjust. My subframe is on the lowest setting, and I'm on tip toes with my 29.5 inch inside leg.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
it's the most comfort U'll get onboard a superbike. I call it more a sports tourer myself, my racing days are over :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Come on guys lets have some pics, this forum is very stagnant, the rc8r is a fantastic piece of kit and probably the most adjustable super bike ever built, its lacking any modern electronics but it doesn't need it :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Still got my 2 bad boys, no intention of selling them either:D

Nice photos, the seat on the road bike what is it and is it comfier than the original plank of painted wood? It also looks like it drastically alters the ride height towards the rear .

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You can see it better in this pic, seat is a Corbin and is a great investment as it raises the comfort level greatly, it does not affect the ride height at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts