KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to get a 790R for quite a while now so when the price reduction came, it was enough to convince me to get one as a retirement present to myself. A question I had was in regards to the quick shift cost - I tried to get the dealer to throw it in to the the deal but he declined however he did say he would give it to me at cost price. Anybody know what this price is? (Still waiting for dealer to get back to me).

A definite purchase for me will be the reduced height seat due to my lack of leg length and will order that before I get the bike. I currently have Cagiva Elefant (25 years old but still an excellent bike) and one of the original RC8’s with only 2,000 miles on the clock. Managed to convince my wife there were no point in trading in any of them as they were worth next to nothing :)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Reduced height seat?

I thought the 790 was tiny when I sat on it, in fact me and the Mrs both reckoned it was too cramped for us, but we are used to touring on big adventures (1090 / 1190 / 1290) so most other bikes seem small.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reduced height seat?

I thought the 790 was tiny when I sat on it, in fact me and the Mrs both reckoned it was too cramped for us, but we are used to touring on big adventures (1090 / 1190 / 1290) so most other bikes seem small.
I am a compact 5 ft 8 in so struggle with touching the ground when stopped at lights etc so it will be required. I was across in Colorado last year and rented a Husquavarna 701 and I felt like a high wire acrobat riding that so dont want to repeat that. I know that standard seat height on the 790 R is 880mm and 701 was 910mm but any further improvement will be great - new seat will take it down tom855mm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn’t the quick shifter standard on the R? No charge for mine.
Actually I thought the same based on reading numerous posts on various forums. However, salesman who I engaged with assured me this was not the case. I did ask if he could explain the difference between powershift and powershift + but he could not help with that and said they were the same.

If anybody has confirmation it should be supplied as standard on the 790 Rit would be great to hear from you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Actually I thought the same based on reading numerous posts on various forums. However, salesman who I engaged with assured me this was not the case. I did ask if he could explain the difference between powershift and powershift + but he could not help with that and said they were the same.

If anybody has confirmation it should be supplied as standard on the 790 Rit would be great to hear from you.
Quickshifter+ is listed as a Powerpart for the 2020 790R (part no 61600940000) so it probably isn't standard fitment (anymore). When he says cost price that should be less than the Powerpart list price of £350 IMO, it's a software activation so I wouldn't expect any 'fitment' cost.

If possible I'd encourage you to buy your bike from a long-established KTM dealer, rather than a recent franchise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts