KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth getting? Will it help my little turd out any? Our vendor has them on sale right now so i'm thinking of picking one up but only if it'll help with the stock exhaust set up/map.
As you know i've had issues with the bike and have to reflash it. It seems like it's lacking air or fuel...

I know the stock air filter is fine since I have 1,600 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
dont know if the air filter will help your situation, but it's worth a go. many of these bikes have the near stalling issues, particually on the clutch being pulled in going down the gears when it goes under 4000 rpm, which incidently is when the electronic slipper kicks in. these bikes are like women, very tempramental but you wouldnt want to be without one

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish mine was just near stalling. Here I am riding down the "track" at MotoGP - bunch of people watching the "only RC8 they've ever seen on the street". I pull in my clutch to shift down and BLEH she dies. SON OF A.. I wanted to scream "IT WASN'T ME IT WAS THE BIKE!" lol :(

And yea the bike runs like crap under 4k RPMs! Kind of surprised with that one. But I can live with it.

She also sputters big time when you "blip" the throttle after she's warmed up. It doesn't rev up like it should.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Sounds like you're describing a totally different bike to my RC8. 15,000 miles and I've had it stall less than a handful of times. Not gloating at all, it's just very odd how some bikes seem plagued by it and bad fueling and others run as sweet as :confused:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Definately don't sound right. You sure the breather pipes from the tank are ok still. If they had been crushed for a while before you got it, they have probably retained the bad shape and be closed up. :confused:
Never had the spluttering even though its stalled a couple of times

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess i'll have to take her apart and see... We made sure they weren't crushed when installing the tank back on.. but the stalling issue was happening before the tank was ever taken off.
Not to mention it only happens at the start of the ride. After a while it's fine. (I always let it idle for a while to warm up.. even after warm up it does this. After riding and letting it "blow out" it's fine..most times.. I've had a time or two it doesn't matter when I blip it, it sounds like crap)

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
lol, you know what I mean. I just think it's incredible that some of the bikes don't suffer much at all, and some get all sorts of crap going on

oh, and... TWAT :p

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I guess i'll have to take her apart and see... We made sure they weren't crushed when installing the tank back on.. but the stalling issue was happening before the tank was ever taken off.
Not to mention it only happens at the start of the ride. After a while it's fine. (I always let it idle for a while to warm up.. even after warm up it does this. After riding and letting it "blow out" it's fine..most times.. I've had a time or two it doesn't matter when I blip it, it sounds like crap)
i'd say you have a problem somewhere!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Sounds like you're describing a totally different bike to my RC8. 15,000 miles and I've had it stall less than a handful of times. Not gloating at all, it's just very odd how some bikes seem plagued by it and bad fueling and others run as sweet as :confused:
16400 now nah nah!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
r you sure you have nothing? not even a tiny speck of oil
nope clean as , its stalled a few times and the clutch is really snatchy when cold in fact dangerously so! but otherwise well happy! love it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts