KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KTM 1050 Adventure unveiled

I somehow still feel that the 990 Adv from 2013 would a better adventure bike. Power to weight ratio probably slightly better in 990 than 1050. Simplicity of the old in comparison to new makes it somehow more appealing to me. And of course it's been tried and tested in various conditions and in most of them proven to be reliable...

·
Premium Member
31,618 Posts
The new 1050 Adventure will be offered with an optional restrictor kit, making it the first big KTM adventure bike suitable for novices.

·
Registered
380 Posts
KTM 1050 Adventure unveiled

I somehow still feel that the 990 Adv from 2013 would a better adventure bike. Power to weight ratio probably slightly better in 990 than 1050. Simplicity of the old in comparison to new makes it somehow more appealing to me. And of course it's been tried and tested in various conditions and in most of them proven to be reliable...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
654 Posts
still rather have a 950 adventure than any of the newer ones
Couldn't agree more....
I'm still very new to the adventure scene but i really can't see the point of this model at all,
I see kevs point about it being available to be restricted but cant the 950/990 be restricted in the same way
Wouldn't fancy me chances off road with it knowing how I stuggled first time out on the 950 a

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Put Ktm, plot, and lost together and what do you get? That piece of crap above.

Now that new Honda is heading in the right direction, let's see if it can get there without becoming a bloated Walrus.

I feel so lucky to have a nice 950 Adv in the garage with plenty of life left in it.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Big capacity twin, no thanks. and that front wheel doesn't look 21" to me, unless its running a 19" rear.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
If it sells for £9,000 or so then I can see it "may" have an audience. But lets be honest, it's Ktm, so I'd be surprised if it's less than £11,000.

I think the market for it is going to be in the restricted A2 licence area. As a bike for recently qualified riders it makes sense, all the look and feel of a "real bike", and you can get the full power when your licence lets you. Just maybe KTM have got it right.

There, see, even I can be positive when I try.

On the other hand I'd get an SMT any day over that.

Reactions: Baz

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I think they would have done much better making a smaller bike for the adventure market with either the 690 or some other smaller motor. It seems that people have been wanting something like that ever since the 690 came out and it would fulfil the A2 thing and those not wanting something so massive. This just seems pointless when there are already two similar bikes in the catalogue from KTM and an obvious demand for something smaller. The 1190 or 1290 might not make much sense when you are pottering around the UK for the most part, but elsewhere they do and they are seem popular.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Cann't see the why they made this bike at all.

The 1190 is price at approx €16,500 here, ktm recon the other bikes will come in €2,000 above and below that. So it'll sell for approx € 14,500 over here. Not cheap.

Not interested.

The AT looks much more focused as an adventure bike so hopefully it's not to heavey. I heard the engine will be a 700 or there abouts not the 1000 cc twin that people thought it was going to be.

Well wait and see but once again this show has not ripped my 950 adv s from my hands but more over offered it a future stable mate in the Honda.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts