KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I have a 2016 1190 in the UK which I have been doing a valve service on during lockdown. In putting it back together I have a 2 wire connector close to the upper frame tubes on the left hand side of the bike flapping around. Now I am sure it was not plugged into anything when I started....so the big question is....what does it do or could it connect to.

Pictures attached. It is a 2 wire robust connector with a wire clip. I cannot obviously see from the owners manual what it powers?

Can someone tell me.

In terms of servicing though I would certainly recommend the removal of the radiator as you probably should replace the fluid anyway and it doesn't take long.

Stay safe all.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the same bike so if your still struggling tomorrow I'll take the side panel off and have a look

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cav. Thanks for the offer. If you have the time that would be great. If not I will just put the radiator and petrol tank back and start it up to check all is good.

Cheers

·
Registered
521 Posts
It does nothing. Possibly some attachment for an alarm system. I zip tied mine down long ago and ignore it.

And re: the radiator. I've no idea how you'd change the plugs on the front cylinder without removing it. I found the casing for the fan was cracked on mine when I last took it off, so might be worth checking if you toss yours about off-road. And you'll need to suspend the front from the ceiling when you refill the cooling system. PITA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RubyMurray - Thanks. Will label it up and tie wrap it back.

As for the raising of the front wheel I have it mounted on a motorcycle lift and strapped it on. Not used the lift much before.

Still lockdown is relaxing so....time to ride...

·
Registered
569 Posts
It does nothing. Possibly some attachment for an alarm system. I zip tied mine down long ago and ignore it.

And re: the radiator. I've no idea how you'd change the plugs on the front cylinder without removing it. I found the casing for the fan was cracked on mine when I last took it off, so might be worth checking if you toss yours about off-road. And you'll need to suspend the front from the ceiling when you refill the cooling system. PITA.
When I did plugs and valve check on my 1190 I loosened and removed the rad mounts, kept the coolant in the system and just let the rad hang down supported on the rubber hoses. Worked a treat with good access, also no involved bleeding of cooling system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bollocks, only just remembered about this. Ive pulled the side panels off and was about to remove the tank when I got distracted and went off on another task.....
Do you still need the pics? I can pop out in an hour or so to finish.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Bollocks, only just remembered about this. Ive pulled the side panels off and was about to remove the tank when I got distracted and went off on another task.....
Do you still need the pics? I can pop out in an hour or so to finish.
Sorry forgot to say, the connector is just a spare. Best to tape it up to avoid a -next time -!

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's ok, the tank was coming off anyway. It just gave me the push I needed to get started on it (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts