KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with these?
Are they any good for fast touring, do they stack up against the GS and new 1290 Adventure S or are they more comparable to the BMW RT?
How do they handle and do they do skids and wheelies?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Basically a bored out 1190S with bigger tank, semi active suspension, cruise control and cornering lights - and a fair bit heavier than the 1290S

If you don't need the 300+ mile tank range the 1290S is a better bike, lighter, more compact, smoother (significant changes to the LC8 for 2017, my 1290S is noticeable smoother than my 1190S) TFT Screen.

Motorway touring with 3 boxes on I can easily top 200 miles at an indicated 90mph by which time I will be wanting a stop anyway, slightly slower cruising (80mph) will see it make about 240-250 miles.

If your commuting 60 miles a day to work the T makes more sense, and I expect they can be had for good money, but for sporty touring and ragging around the 1290S would be the better bike, plus who wants a White KTM FFS?

Oh, of course it is much better than a GSA / GSA, way more powerful and much faster, plus the bottom end of the 1290 (T or S) is out of this world, I found the 1190 a smidge more exciting in the way it built power, but the sheer stomp of the 1290 is a different kind of fun - it will pick up the front wheel from about 3k in 3rd gear, turn off the TC and it should be an amazing burnout / wheelie bike - but the S will probably do this better as well.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You've sold me, I like it.
(The 1290 T by the way)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gone with a 2016 1190R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts