KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
What bike does not cost money?

Had 3 ktm 1x90 models and put 40k on them, mate has 55k on 2013 1190...

We have used a stack of tyres, spent a fortune on fuel and a fair chunk on bling, dealer servicing costs a few hundred quid a year.

A small car may be more suitable for you 😉

·
Registered
243 Posts
They are perfectly reliable. I've a mate who bought a GS instead of a KTM because he was worried about reliability. Turns out the BMW has gave him nothing but trouble. Typical German stuff, overrated!
Buy the GT, nothing else comes close to providing practicality and excitement :cool:
I've toured Spain, France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales on my R. Tens of thousands of miles in all weathers. First 1000 miles on my last R were all done on salty roads. Not even a corroded bolt head over 3 years later! My new R is only 4 or 5 months old and already over 7000 miles on it. Both bikes got dogs abuse. Only issue ive had is the new one got a crack in the taillight from a stone chip. Best bikes I've ever owned!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've just swopped a Beemer 1250RS for a new GT, OK, only 900 miles on it but I have no reservations, largely based on 7 years of european touring on a RC8R. If you want something as dependable (and interesting) as a breeze block, buy a Honda. By the way, the RS had a weeping fork seal after 4000 miles!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts