KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling both bikes, here’s the first !

Black 2015 (15 plate) gen 1. Absolutely immaculate condition, I can honestly say it’s unmarked, showroom standard. Bike has full history, last serviced at P3 Tuning 50 miles ago with brand new Pirelli Diablo Rosso runner fitted. It’s loaded with extras including

Full titanium Akrapovic
Motohooligan air
PCV - Custom mapped 173hp/105ft lb
Carbon from fender
Carbon rear hugger
Carbon Akrapovic Tank piece
R&G Tail Tidy
R&G shock sock
Oberon clutch slave
PUIG bar end mirrors
Brand new Pirelli Rosso Corsas
Rentals 609 TC High bends
Powerparts Orange Anodised Triple clamps
Powerparts confirm seat
Powerparts single seat cowl
Powerparts Tacing decal set
Full Powerparts Orange anodised kit (everything)
16/40 gearing with new chain 600 miles ago
Powerparts side pannier set

Over £5k in extras

MOT until May 2022

8167 miles from new

I’m confident you won’t find a better one

£9250

Pics tomorrow 👍

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
What’s coming?

·
Registered
16,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, I won’t get out again this year now with other commitments managing my sons football team that train and play on the exact days and nights as bike time with the crew I go out with 😩

I can’t grumble though, I love it plus I’ve started playing golf again too 😂

·
Administrator
9,848 Posts
If the parents knew your sexual preferences they wouldn't let you anywhere near their kids

Reactions: fozzy17

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I ran a under 12's team for 3 years, my only advice is - runaway!

It's not the kids it's the parents!

I had 5 or 6 very good players and when we started after some squad trials I gave them the option of best team or rotation and they said best team every time. So we came 2nd in the league 3 years running and beat the top side (AFC Bournemouth) a couple of times, The shit I got from parents was incredible - make sure you tell the parents that you will not discuss selection or tactics with any of them and that the important aspect is the team and training. The match at the weekend is a bonus not a right. I did however have a policy on missed training meant no start for a match.

It all came to a head and the end of the last season when both my son and the assistant coaches son had decided to play for a new team that was being setup by a local football coach they had known for years and were fed up of the other parents bitching about they always played all the matches. So last game of the season was against bottom of the league and we did not start our 2 lads and at half time we were 5 - 0 down. The whole team pleaded for us to put them on but we waited for 5 minutes and then at 6 -0 we put them on and the game finished 6 - 8. I was so proud of both of them as they made a real effort.

That team disbanded at the end of the following season but the new team went on to win the league with 4 of my players.

I would like to say that was the end of my coaching career but unfortunately I did 1 year for a under 14 girls team, now that was a problem with the kids as half didn't want to be there.

·
Registered
16,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ran a under 12's team for 3 years, my only advice is - runaway!

It's not the kids it's the parents!

I had 5 or 6 very good players and when we started after some squad trials I gave them the option of best team or rotation and they said best team every time. So we came 2nd in the league 3 years running and beat the top side (AFC Bournemouth) a couple of times, The shit I got from parents was incredible - make sure you tell the parents that you will not discuss selection or tactics with any of them and that the important aspect is the team and training. The match at the weekend is a bonus not a right. I did however have a policy on missed training meant no start for a match.

It all came to a head and the end of the last season when both my son and the assistant coaches son had decided to play for a new team that was being setup by a local football coach they had known for years and were fed up of the other parents bitching about they always played all the matches. So last game of the season was against bottom of the league and we did not start our 2 lads and at half time we were 5 - 0 down. The whole team pleaded for us to put them on but we waited for 5 minutes and then at 6 -0 we put them on and the game finished 6 - 8. I was so proud of both of them as they made a real effort.

That team disbanded at the end of the following season but the new team went on to win the league with 4 of my players.

I would like to say that was the end of my coaching career but unfortunately I did 1 year for a under 14 girls team, now that was a problem with the kids as half didn't want to be there.
Yep, you can see it already, some of the parents are halfwits. There’s one particular parent who I heard at a friendly shouting “keep your shape” and things of that nature. I know him from when we were younger and he was absolutely wank at football, I played semi-pro for years so have a decent understanding of the game, I just looked at him barking these instructions at 6 year olds and thought “What a wankstain”

I’ve already told the parents we will be rotating all players to give equal minutes regardless and they must notify me if they can’t train for a legitimate reason, it’s about participation and enjoyment only for now. There are other clubs to go to if they don’t like it !

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It should always be about enjoyment especially at that age and I always gave any team an option. My 4 year old grandson and 2 year old granddaughter go to a scheme called Little Kickers and its great, they have loads of fun without even playing a small sided match.

My son played for AFC Bournemouth at under 8's and 9's and although he was always picked for matches there were a few kids who missed out due to assistant coaches lad being chosen over better players. Selection was always done at training and it took all the enjoyment out of it so that's why he left. He played semi-pro until 18 and discovered women and booze.

·
Administrator
9,848 Posts
Sounds like a right headache. Gobby parents on the touch line thinking they know best. Not for me.

·
Registered
16,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You just have to ignore them and think of the value to the kids, it’s so good for them in many ways to play a team sport, but yeah I feel like punching some of the parents

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
I’ve already told the parents we will be rotating all players to give equal minutes regardless
This is the right way to do it until they're old enough for a league table with points, then it's natural selection.
I did this from U9's to U14's and was delighted when my lad switched to Rugby, I was nearly scrapping every weekend.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
This is the right way to do it until they're old enough for a league table with points, then it's natural selection.
I did this from U9's to U14's and was delighted when my lad switched to Rugby, I was nearly scrapping every weekend.
My lad (11 now) played football for a few years and it was embarrassing (and in reality pretty disgusting) how some of the parents behaved and interacted with the training and matches.
He played rugby at the same time for a while, and has since binned the soccer (no pressure from me, he’s better at rugby and enjoys it more).
With hindsight I’d now try and talk him out of going back to football, mainly because of all the dickhead parents (and the overall accepted ignorance of sportsmanship the professional sport promotes). It sadly attracts idiots who are hell-bent on their little cherub being selected for a £50k-plus-a-week signing. (The reality of the kids who show enough potential to make it to a professional level is that it is incredibly cut-throat - they are binned off by clubs as soon as they reach the limit of their potential if they fall short. Very hard lessons for kids/teenagers who have been swept up in the ‘system’ as they are very coldly finished.).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That bike is fucking amazing by the way - if I had the spare cash I’d buy it and hang it on the wall.
You will definitely regret selling that.
(The Duke looks wank in comparison).

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Flog the Ducati keep the SDR it's a minter that

Reactions: WazzaDuke33
1 - 17 of 17 Posts