KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaps,

Anybody out there riding an XC 150?

Looking for some advice on carb settings?

Jetting, needle height, air screw?

Finding that mine is running a bit rich and bogging down a bit?

Not sure if they ship with US jetting or are flipped to EU?

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Mine's a 13 too so hopefully will do the same trick!

Couple of questions,

Air screw setting? Turns out?

What's a NOZG needle and what clip height should I set it at?

Cheers,

160 main
45 pilot
NOZG needle

got these settings from brokenlegs, using them on my 13 150xc and its great pulls really well all through rev range nice and clean. much much better than standard

·
Registered
559 Posts
Noz g needle is the std needle on most of the older small bore 2t bikes. What I have put in my 13 200. Call any ktm dealer for one, 7 quid.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Clip 2 at the moment air screw is 1.75
Turns out. Depends and time of year where it is. Best way to set it is get the bike ticking over then turn it in or out until you get the highest speed of tickover. That's where the air screw needs to be

·
Registered
559 Posts
Get that setting on the stand then fine tune by feel on track with a/s. Mate with a screwdriver at the side of the track. Joy of practice

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
150 XC Jetting - Improving the mid range ...

So, after about 12 months off the I finally got out today ... and tried the recommended jetting specs below ...

Bike did run much cleaner all of the way through and was far more peaky on the pipe...all good...

However - it also seems to have lost a bit of mid-range torque? Wasn't pulling me as well off the throttle in 3rd....having to work the clutch and give it more of a fistful!!

Any pointers?

Drop the needle clip a notch? Get it a little richer?

160 main
45 pilot
NOZG needle

got these settings from brokenlegs, using them on my 13 150xc and its great pulls really well all through rev range nice and clean. much much better than standard

·
Registered
222 Posts
So, after about 12 months off the I finally got out today ... and tried the recommended jetting specs below ...

Bike did run much cleaner all of the way through and was far more peaky on the pipe...all good...

However - it also seems to have lost a bit of mid-range torque? Wasn't pulling me as well off the throttle in 3rd....having to work the clutch and give it more of a fistful!!

Any pointers?

Drop the needle clip a notch? Get it a little richer?
Its a 150, so work the clutch and give it a fistful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.