KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
2k sounds good ,but having got rid of my 07 i would stay clear ,had nothing but trouble with it starting from hot ,had every thing checked on it and was still a bastard maybe go for an 08

·
Registered
74 Posts
2k sounds good ,but having got rid of my 07 i would stay clear ,had nothing but trouble with it starting from hot ,had every thing checked on it and was still a bastard maybe go for an 08
In my experience any 250 4T is a bastard to start when hot, you should try the YZF.
It got to the point where I wouldn't even try to restart it until I'd had a rest and the bike had cooled down.

And the value depends on what its like, for something really nice with low hours and really clean £2500 isn't bad, whereas if it was a total shitter I'd offer him a grand if I bought it at all.

·
Registered
929 Posts
In my experience any 250 4T is a bastard to start when hot, you should try the YZF.
It got to the point where I wouldn't even try to restart it until I'd had a rest and the bike had cooled down.

And the value depends on what its like, for something really nice with low hours and really clean £2500 isn't bad, whereas if it was a total shitter I'd offer him a grand if I bought it at all.
i know about the yzf ,but my kxf starts first kick hot or cold aswell

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maybe it was just the older ones then, I hadn't owned anything newer than 2005 until I bought this KTM450 and thats got electric start...and my next bike will be the new KTM350 later in the year once they've been out a few months and the user reviews are properly in, so hopefully I'll never have to find out...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts