KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I recently bought a new crown wheel e-starter for my Ktm 300 exc 2011 reg. when I received the part smaller “gear” actually about 3mm bigger than the one that’s on my bike. I checked with Fowler’s and they checked with KTM and apparently the part number is correct (55140022100) and should fit my bike. Well it doesn’t! And I am confused 🤔. Anyone ever come across this or maybe know which part number I need instead?

thanks in advance

Tom

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Hi everyone!
I recently bought a new crown wheel e-starter for my Ktm 300 exc 2011 reg. when I received the part smaller “gear” actually about 3mm bigger than the one that’s on my bike. I checked with Fowler’s and they checked with KTM and apparently the part number is correct (55140022100) and should fit my bike. Well it doesn’t! And I am confused 🤔. Anyone ever come across this or maybe know which part number I need instead?

thanks in advance

Tom
Probably had the Freeride gears fitted

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
There are two parts that go in there - a Bendix and a crown wheel. Pre-2016 models have the old ones, if you buy one now, you'll probably get the post 2016 ones which are also the 2015 Freeride ones.

You need the pair or they won't fit. As the number of teeth is different on each set. I imagine you have an early Bendix and a later crown wheel.. or the other way around as per Bungie... Probably..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are two parts that go in there - a Bendix and a crown wheel. Pre-2016 models have the old ones, if you buy one now, you'll probably get the post 2016 ones which are also the 2015 Freeride ones.

You need the pair or they won't fit. As the number of teeth is different on each set. I imagine you have an early Bendix and a later crown wheel.. or the other way around as per Bungie... Probably..
Ah ok. So I presume i need the older model. I’ve got Fowler’s looking into it. Hopefully they’ll figure it out.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
You wont be able to buy the older parts as they superceeded the whole lot in about 2015 to improve starting you will need bendix and crownwheel for it to work. Do your bushings at the same time. Wet mod and vent ...... google that one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You wont be able to buy the older parts as they superceeded the whole lot in about 2015 to improve starting you will need bendix and crownwheel for it to work. Do your bushings at the same time. Wet mod and vent ...... google that one.
Ah great! More money 🙈
Yeah heard about the wet mod.
had a feeling I had to get a new Bendix for it to match.
Thanks for the reply

1 - 11 of 11 Posts