KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking for a mate.

What is the best set up for a 300 exc for green lane and general messing about riding on approx an 11 plate?

Front and rear sprocket sizes?

Power valve spring colour?

Tyre pressures?

Suspension setup?

Plus any other advice on setup flywheel weight etc.

Thanks

Jack.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Just asking for a mate.

What is the best set up for a 300 exc for green lane and general messing about riding on approx an 11 plate?

Front and rear sprocket sizes?

Power valve spring colour?

Tyre pressures?

Suspension setup?

Plus any other advice on setup flywheel weight etc.

Thanks

Jack.
On mine I have the yellow spring (brass screw flush)

13 front and 52 rear sprockets

And roughly around 11psi front and 9psi rear

Not sure how many clicks are on the suspension.

All I do with it is green laning and everything for me works great!

Mines an 07 model. I do have the 38 pilot jet in so is nice and smooth but torquey bottom end.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
What does the centre brass screw do? I've got a 250 EXC I'm sure I've read in capital letters in the manual not to adjust this.
It adds preload to the pv spring mate, screw it in and it delays when the pv is opened and crew it out to speed up. I found it just right about flush tho with the yellow spring.

I'm not sure about the 250 tho mate but I'm sure someone will be able to confirm if this is the same for a 250 or not.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yeah it's the same on the 250. Kind of amazing how much one or two turns of it can change the characteristics of the engine. Deffo worth a play with to get it delivering power the way you like it :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
On mine I have the yellow spring (brass screw flush)

13 front and 52 rear sprockets

And roughly around 11psi front and 9psi rear

Not sure how many clicks are on the suspension.

All I do with it is green laning and everything for me works great!

Mines an 07 model. I do have the 38 pilot jet in so is nice and smooth but torquey bottom end.

13 on the from and 52 on the back? Does your bike do 50 flat out?

I'd bang a 14 on front and a smaller sprocket on the back like 49 50, I know my 300 would be absolutely screaming on some of the country roads inbetween lanes with 13 and 52 on it.

I ride a 13 and 50 for riding around cowm (massive hills) even then I want a 48 or 49 rear

Mine has a 5 speed gear box though don't know if the 6 speeds are different

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
13 on the from and 52 on the back? Does your bike do 50 flat out?

I'd bang a 14 on front and a smaller sprocket on the back like 49 50, I know my 300 would be absolutely screaming on some of the country roads inbetween lanes with 13 and 52 on it.

I ride a 13 and 50 for riding around cowm (massive hills) even then I want a 48 or 49 rear

Mine has a 5 speed gear box though don't know if the 6 speeds are different
It can do around 70 flat out mate, it's in 5th gear before you know it.

It suits me fine with this ratio dude, I was thinking of trying a 14 next time just to see if I wasn't missing anything. But tbh the back roads between the lanes we do you struggle to get about 45/50 anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts