KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the spring and how does it affect the power delivery on the 2009 bike?

Plus any one changed the gearing?

cheers

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Try it,they're only a quid or so each and a few mins fitting.

Depending on your skill level and the terrain you ride will determine what gearing you want.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try it,they're only a quid or so each and a few mins fitting.

Depending on your skill level and the terrain you ride will determine what gearing you want.
I got some with the bike so will just try them, first time i,ve rode a off road bike with a wide ratio box and i,m not keen was going to add a few teeth to the back!

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
14 front and 51 rear. mapping switch fitted in off. standard spring..... super quick in the woods, controlable and fun in berms, flicking at high speed, not scary on fast grassy corners, slow corner entry speed and exit still need some work.

·
Registered
193 Posts
14 front and 51 rear. mapping switch fitted in off. standard spring..... super quick in the woods, controlable and fun in berms, flicking at high speed, not scary on fast grassy corners, slow corner entry speed and exit still need some work.
........this is why. good advice spud1968
:D:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
This is cool and what I need to hear as I'm trying to make up my mind between a 250 or 300 and my worrie is the 300 will be to much but with these settings n sprokets it sounds realy nice... Maybe it's time to go for a 300 instead of the 250...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyone changed the spring and how does it affect the power delivery on the 2009 bike?

Plus any one changed the gearing?

cheers
G'day from Australia. You have three pv springs. Yellow, green and red. They change the way the the power is delivered. Soft, medium and hard. I always run the red spring ( aggresive ) yet wind the power valve adjuster out one turn in from flush. Gives a more consistant power delivery from lower down in the rev range.

You can also add the map switch, helps when conditions are greasy takes the top end off and puts the power lower in the rev range.

As for gearing i run 14/49 everywhere From the mountains to dunes and all in between, with propper jetting the right pv setting and adjustable mapping the 300 is the best all rounder.
Hope this helpes

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone going try all set ups this wkd its a great bike i just need it tweaking for my style!

Keep the tips coming!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
G'day from Australia. You have three pv springs. Yellow, green and red. They change the way the the power is delivered. Soft, medium and hard. I always run the red spring ( aggresive ) yet wind the power valve adjuster out one turn in from flush. Gives a more consistant power delivery from lower down in the rev range.

You can also add the map switch, helps when conditions are greasy takes the top end off and puts the power lower in the rev range.

As for gearing i run 14/49 everywhere From the mountains to dunes and all in between, with propper jetting the right pv setting and adjustable mapping the 300 is the best all rounder.
Hope this helpes
Does the red spring and adjusted out work in tight woods?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does the red spring and adjusted out work in tight woods?
Personally i run the red spring everywhere, I ride a lot of tight single track. 1st, 2nd,3rd gear stuff. I find the red spring with pv wound out one turn before flush gives great power and drive out of corners. It really depends onyour riding style. I tend to attack s/t half clutch brake slide to flick the rear then accelerate hard out. Winding the adjuster out brings the power on sooner.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am trying the Green and red on Sunday in very tight woods so will let you know!
Ben running the red for a while with the adjuster half way in. Never thought about having it set to full power straight off. Anyway just bought a green one to try this weekend, think I will miss the hit, but it may keep me on my bike more

·
Registered
116 Posts
Personally i run the red spring everywhere, I ride a lot of tight single track. 1st, 2nd,3rd gear stuff. I find the red spring with pv wound out one turn before flush gives great power and drive out of corners. It really depends onyour riding style. I tend to attack s/t half clutch brake slide to flick the rear then accelerate hard out. Winding the adjuster out brings the power on sooner.
Personally can't see that being a great setup for very tight woods, but I will give it a go?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats what I want the 'power on sooner' I know its not a 4st but the power does seem high up! i noticed some of the marketing blurb says the 2011 bike has a new clyinder for more grunt!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts