KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's, just purchased myself a 2022 Ktm 350 exc-f. In all honesty I've owned a fair few bikes over the years but I would say I'm still at novice level. All have been 2 stroke motocross bikes and more than likely had a hard life. I had a few bikes stored away and some not getting any use so decided to sell up and pick myself up a new bike to start fresh. I know a new bike is not the be all and end all but I've always wanted a new bike that I know which is mine from the start.
So here it is.. a KTM 350 EXC-F 2022 model picked up from Drysdale Motorcycles in Perth, Scotland.

Attachments

Registered
Great bikes, I just picked up a 鈥19 6D for a Portugal-Spain trip this year. As above have it apart and lube/grease it. Headstock and swing arm bearings for sure, there鈥榣l be hardly any grease in them. Consider putting silicone over the steering lock, stops the water getting in馃槣. Also check the cable runs as they can rub the paint off, a bit of 3M helicopter tape works well.

Registered
I absolutely loved my 鈥17 350, brilliant bike, mega strong engine and could climb anything. Only swopped it as for technical riding I found it flamed out unexpectedly which caused stops where my feet were not touching ground (so crashes) and that鈥檚 90% of the riding I did/do. Oh and the two stroke noise just gives that extra something to riding.

would definitely have another at some point.

Registered
I decided to check the amount of grease from the factory on my 20 300exc at 30h.(summer of 2020)
Have a look at the picture and decide...That is the "factory" grease, seems plenty enough to me, so left it as...
Orange Yellow Gas Ingredient Knife

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont have the experience unfortunately to start stripping the bike down to check for certain things so will have to hope it came from the factory and dealer in good order. 拢 8600 for a brand new bike I'm expecting it to be faultless.
Why do they not brake the engine in for you either ? The electronic manual is crap and hardly gives any detail about braking the engine in.

Premium Member
The bike has been run up on a dyno at the factory. Take it easy ish for 20mins off and on throttle to bed rings, change oil, give it the beanz after that. Running in done. Dont baby it.

Premium Member
I dont have the experience unfortunately to start stripping the bike down to check for certain things so will have to hope it came from the factory and dealer in good order. 拢 8600 for a brand new bike I'm expecting it to be faultless.
Why do they not brake the engine in for you either ? The electronic manual is crap and hardly gives any detail about braking the engine in.
I would advise that you get a matey thats good on the spanners to help you go through it. When its brand new is the best time to go through it all. All good preventative stuff that will save you time, money and lost bike time in the long run.

Registered
Mine had minimal amount of grease, looks like yours was 1st in the Q on a monday.

Odd coloured grease though, has it emulsified??
I couldn't smell or see/feel anything strange with the grease.
We had some similar stuff for tractors, at my dad's mini farm back in the 80's.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts