KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I was out at the weekend and my front lights started flickering, now they have completely stopped working!
Having done some simple diagnostics I have checked the fuse board and they are all fine (brake lights still working so fuse No.2 was my first point of call), I have checked as many connectors as I can, I replaced the side light as this was blown and I stripped down the light control on the handle bars and cleaned it.
Not sure what else to try now? Any help or advise would be much appreciated
Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Look at the loom where comes from the radiator and goes around the headstock, prone to breaking where it moves. 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at the loom where comes from the radiator and goes around the headstock, prone to breaking where it moves. 👍
Having taken of the side faring's and the tank to inspect the wiring harness it looks in good condition.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Having taken of the side faring's and the tank to inspect the wiring harness it looks in good condition.
You will need to cut into it, otherwise you’ll see nothing🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
704 Posts
I always use just a simple light bulb and holder and crock clips to find where the current 'stops'.

I've got a multimeter, but it makes my brain hurt!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always use just a simple light bulb and holder and crock clips to find where the current 'stops'.

I've got a multimeter, but it makes my brain hurt!
Thats really funny as ive just ordered a cheap one from Amazon but have no idea how to use it :)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
My 300 EXC had the same issue, (It has had more than one issue!)....Anyway the latest reason for the headlamp flickering and then not working was down to the bulb connector, the contact at the side of the connector which earths the bulb needed bending out a bit so that it made a better contact with the bulb. I have also suffered from broken wires going up around the headstock and the actual hi/low/off switch has also had issues. I managed to open up the switch by drilling out the rivets in order to clean up the contacts. The screws that hold the switch to the handlebars now keep the switch in one piece. If you open up the switch do it over a clean table so when the spring and ball flies out you can find them again!

Reactions: Furiouslee1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts