KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
KTM 390 DUKE 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here. I do have an issue with my bran new 2022 ktm 390 duke. So, I went for a ride todsy and when I got back I noticed one of the bolts on the clutch casing was loose, so I nipped it up a little and the bloody thing has snapped, so part of the thread is in the casing. And it's the bottom bolt aswell. See the pictures. Don't know if my warranty will cover me for that. I know that if it doesn't I'll need to change the gasket cover too. I can't find bolts anywhere online and the only gasket cover I can find is 2020. Please help, any links, recommdations on how to go about sorting it would be very appreciated. And yes, I'm an absolute tool! 🤦‍♂️😂

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey guys, new here. I do have an issue with my bran new 2022 ktm 390 duke. So, I went for a ride todsy and when I got back I noticed one of the bolts on the clutch casing was loose, so I nipped it up a little and the bloody thing has snapped, so part of the thread is in the casing. And it's the bottom bolt aswell. See the pictures. Don't know if my warranty will cover me for that. I know that if it doesn't I'll need to change the gasket cover too. I can't find bolts anywhere online and the only gasket cover I can find is 2020. Please help, any links, recommdations on how to go about sorting it would be very appreciated. And yes, I'm an absolute tool! 🤦‍♂️😂
Sorry to hear of you problem, I think that even though the bolt was loose, you snapping it will make it difficult to claim it under warranty. I would phone the dealer & get them to supply a new bolt & gasket. You can then lay the bike on its side & remove the clutch cover (you won't lose much oil this way). With a bit of luck there may be some of the bolt sticking out to enable you to extract it. With the cover off it wont be under tension & should come out fairly easily. You need to remember these bolts are only M6 & torqued up to about 6nm so take it easy - good luck.
Forgot to mention, I could not find your bike listed on the Trevor Pope parts website, otherwise I would have posted a link.

·
Registered
KTM 390 DUKE 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear of you problem, I think that even though the bolt was loose, you snapping it will make it difficult to claim it under warranty. I would phone the dealer & get them to supply a new bolt & gasket. You can then lay the bike on its side & remove the clutch cover (you won't lose much oil this way). With a bit of luck there may be some of the bolt sticking out to enable you to extract it. With the cover off it wont be under tension & should come out fairly easily. You need to remember these bolts are only M6 & torqued up to about 6nm so take it easy - good luck.
Forgot to mention, I could not find your bike listed on the Trevor Pope parts website, otherwise I would have posted a link.
Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. Yeah I contacted the dealer and they're sending me a gasket cover and bolt. Hopefully I'll receive them this week and get it done. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts