KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to bikes and new to KTM to be completely honest.
Just took delivery of my 20 plate road legal KTM 450 EXC-F sixdays which I am using to cruise around the local town and also do some off roading not racing it.
It’s just been serviced from the shop I bought it from I bought it online and had it delivered so couldn’t this information I need to know

How should I maintain this bike? It’s going to be used twice a week, just cruising and a little off road no racing. What oil do I need to use and what else should I do to keep the bike in good order how often should I change the oil etc? And what about filters I really appreciate your help cheers can you provide me links to oil and filter products

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hi all new to bikes and new to KTM to be completely honest.
Just took delivery of my 20 plate road legal KTM 450 EXC-F sixdays which I am using to cruise around the local town and also do some off roading not racing it.
It’s just been serviced from the shop I bought it from I bought it online and had it delivered so couldn’t this information I need to know

How should I maintain this bike? It’s going to be used twice a week, just cruising and a little off road no racing. What oil do I need to use and what else should I do to keep the bike in good order how often should I change the oil etc? And what about filters I really appreciate your help cheers can you provide me links to oil and filter products
Hi. For a newbie to motorcycling and also off road I persume, that’s a powerful first bike! If you have little or no knowledge of bike maintenance I would get the KTM manual/ handbook. Everything you need to know will be in there. Save a lot of forum time too.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hi. For a newbie to motorcycling and also off road I persume, that’s a powerful first bike! If you have little or no knowledge of bike maintenance I would get the KTM manual/ handbook. Everything you need to know will be in there. Save a lot of forum time too.
PS if it’s on std low gearing, you won’t be doing much cruising. The engines not designed for constant speed tarmac at much above 50 ish.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nice and simple reply cheers

as for other replies I didn’t ask how to ride a bike I asked what oil and filters I need.
Ohhhhhh! Friendly start! Been told. I’ll try to keep it nice and simple for you if you ask anything more. You did start by stating you were new to bikes……..I just took you at your word and tried to help further. Just chill fella.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Absolute helmet. Do one. Why people like you use these forums just to be sarcastic I’ll never know. If someone asks a question about the bike why go off topic telling a 30 year old man who drives Hgv’s for a living oooo a 450 is a big boy bike. Do one pal

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Absolute helmet. Do one. Why people like you use these forums just to be sarcastic I’ll never know. If someone asks a question about the bike why go off topic telling a 30 year old man who drives Hgv’s for a living oooo a 450 is a big boy bike. Do one pal
Oh dear calm down.......you may be 30 Years of age, but there are plenty on here, who are far older, wiser and more experienced than you in many fields (excuse the pun). If you start off like this, you will not last 5 minutes on this forum.

Just a friendly word of advise.........take it or leave it, the choice is yours ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh dear calm down.......you may be 30 Years of age, but there are plenty on here, who are far older, wiser and more experienced than you in many fields (excuse the pun). If you start off like this, you will not last 5 minutes on this forum.

Just a friendly word of advise.........take it or leave it, the choice is yours ;)
I don’t give a sh*t won’t be coming back o

another one talking off topic and not actually contributing any information of what I asked. This forum is dog sh*t good bye. Full of toxic members

giving me “advice” like a child patronising cn*t

·
Registered
3,653 Posts

another one talking off topic and not actually contributing any information of what I asked. This forum is dog sh*t good bye. Full of toxic members

Ha ha ... proper girly flounce.

Come on, try a bit harder ... You've not offended everyone just yet 🤣

·
Registered
765 Posts

Is looking at an owners manual that hard th
Ha ha ... proper girly flounce.

Come on, try a bit harder ... You've not offended everyone just yet 🤣
Too late, seems he’s thrown his toys out and driven home in his lorry. Just as well really, wouldn’t have been able to handle Wazza and the like.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts