KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I don’t give a sh*t won’t be coming back o

another one talking off topic and not actually contributing any information of what I asked. This forum is dog sh*t good bye. Full of toxic members

giving me “advice” like a child patronising cn*t
Sence of humour bypass me thinks ?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Oh well, I dont class myself anywhere near some of the riders on here, but Ive been riding on and off road for over 40 years. Last 450 I tried I nearly came a cropper.
I flogged my 450 because it was a beast, it was rideable on a flat grassy field and on a motocross track so long as you were inch perfect... the second you hit anything that 'bumped' the throttle... ie. whoops etc and you werent hanging on it would bite your ass. Matey boy who is new to bikes will ride it on the road and think he's a hero, then it will bite his bollox off.
I have been riding on and off road constantly for over 35 years so I think I have a modicum of experience but am never ever too big for my boots to say I am always learning and happy to take advice.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I flogged my 450 because it was a beast, it was rideable on a flat grassy field and on a motocross track so long as you were inch perfect... the second you hit anything that 'bumped' the throttle... ie. whoops etc and you werent hanging on it would bite your ass. Matey boy who is new to bikes will ride it on the road and think he's a hero, then it will bite his bollox off.
I have been riding on and off road constantly for over 35 years so I think I have a modicum of experience but am never ever too big for my boots to say I am always learning and happy to take advice.
That’s exactly it. I have a 500 Exc cos I like the bigger stuff, I don’t ride competitively now. I did try a 450 and it was an animal. The 500 is like a pussy cat in comparison, just won’t stall, much slower to rev and doesn’t break traction and yank my arms out like the 450 did at every opportunity. I do all my riding in a high gear just using the torque. This is exactly my personal knowledge I was drawing on when I gave my response to the Lorry driver in the first place! You just can’t help some people. Its a shame for him, cos as a new boy there would have been a lot of good help for him on here.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I love the way some people go on forums and have this attitude where they think the forum owes them something, and if they don't get exactly what they want, they throw a tantrum. Imagine what he's like in real life. Probably best he drives a lorry, as I can't imagine any fucker wanting to work with him.

I'd be willing to bet he sells the bike within 6 months or nails himself to a tree with it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
That’s exactly it. I have a 500 Exc cos I like the bigger stuff, I don’t ride competitively now. I did try a 450 and it was an animal. The 500 is like a pussy cat in comparison, just won’t stall, much slower to rev and doesn’t break traction and yank my arms out like the 450 did at every opportunity. I do all my riding in a high gear just using the torque. This is exactly my personal knowledge I was drawing on when I gave my response to the Lorry driver in the first place! You just can’t help some people. Its a shame for him, cos as a new boy there would have been a lot of good help for him on here.
Should have told him to change his engine oil with turps, would be safer for him in the long run ;-)

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'll be 60 next week and have over 100 hours on ma 450 hoosk😁.

[/QUOTE. Great stuff. I’m 65 now and have similar hrs on my 500 Exc. Thing is, I’ve been riding since I was 13, trials to start with. Villiers engines and all that. Bet you’ve been at it a while also. Whilst the Lorry driver was not only new to KTM. But new to bikes! That’s why I made the comment I did.

·
Premium Member
9,934 Posts
I just re read the lorry driver bit. 😂 He's going to twat himself on it, guaranteed. Fook me the older I get, I'd consider a 250 4 adequate for me, my days of 500 2 smokers and the likes are gone.
I twatted myself on my SE in the first 6 months of owning it off road.

Respect to you boys in your 60's, but Ive had a hard life. :D Fooking fractured my arm walking the dogs last week. :cry:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I just re read the lorry driver bit. 😂 He's going to twat himself on it, guaranteed. Fook me the older I get, I'd consider a 250 4 adequate for me, my days of 500 2 smokers and the likes are gone.
I twatted myself on my SE in the first 6 months of owning it off road.

Respect to you boys in your 60's, but Ive had a hard life. :D Fooking fractured my arm walking the dogs last week. :cry:
eek.... how big is your effin dog!!!!!!!!!!!
I think there will be a threat on here soon for old farts... I think I may just qualify. I am a grumpy cunt at the best of times... can barely tolerate myself!

·
Premium Member
9,934 Posts
eek.... how big is your effin dog!!!!!!!!!!!
I think there will be a threat on here soon for old farts... I think I may just qualify. I am a grumpy cunt at the best of times... can barely tolerate myself!
Dogs were off lead, weak ankle from a fall previous week. Put my foot in a hole, went over like a bag of shit, not sure if I had my hands in my pockets or trying protect my wrists. Anyhow the body role didn't work. 🤪

21 - 36 of 36 Posts