KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one help me out with where to get full set af valves froim for my ktm, also does the valve guides need to b done when they seem to b bit of play in them ????

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
can any one help me out with where to get full set af valves froim for my ktm, also does the valve guides need to b done when they seem to b bit of play in them ????
Got a mint complete head off an 05.... just bolt it on?

·
Registered
391 Posts
yes, do the guides if you notice play.

i presume you know that the Ti valves are fookin dear at £450 or something. you can do stainless at about £250 if i recall right. hence you are looking for second hand?

I got a pair of exhausts that you could have - inlets were cupped so i did the lot.

or buy that one ^

·
Premium Member
31,545 Posts
You cant just fit stainless valves. You need springs and retainers as well.

Last one i did was a couple of hundred..... then you cant rev it like an SX anymore or it will valvebounce - they dont have Ti valves for nowt!

If you get the chance of a good used head for less than £200 then go for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

think i got hold of them. only one of the valves is bent but i want to replace them all. i got price of 550 for 4 ti valves. thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
price has went up then!

tip = sign up as a member - then you might find somewhere that will do you a discount.....

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts