KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1991 ktm 500 2 stroke last of the big bores since i had this bike i have done a full engine rebuild and sorted the wheel bearing and headstock bearings boysen race reeds repacke the exhaust and much more i have put alot of time and money into this bike never though i would give it up have most recipts to prove this got the 1 for the piston that was 220 dollas it had a new clutch case that was 160 way to much money sunk into this bike for me to spend any more
but whats happened is the crank big end bearing has collapsed

i did everthing i could do to this big every seal shim and bearing in and out the engine that i could do i never touch the plastics as im not fussed how my bike looks as long as it mechanicly sound

well whats wrong with it is i went to a company called jetbore which i wouldnt recomend to any1 he took about 6 weeks to resleve the barrle and rebuil the crank well after about 20 to 30 hours since the rebuild the crank big end has collapsed and i just havnt got the time or money to fix it again so its here for sale

what you will need to get it goin sweet again is crank rebuild piston rings and a full gasket set so probs about £100 in total and it will be sweet again

the bike is allready in bits but compleat and i have got the crank out the cases so its easy for any1 to get it to the shop

selling as a compleat bike but spears or repairs open to any offers as i need money fast
it comes with spear rear shock and linkage plus a set of front forks triple clamps front a rear wheels tyres all sorts

if you need any more info pleas ask by posting here or you can ring me on 07891774063 keith
i have all the info you will need to get the rings and gaskets set but it will be up to you and your local shop to sort the crank loads of places will do it

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
still here open to any offers lookin for funds to by a little suzuki jeep to do some greenlaneing will part it out if intrested

1 - 3 of 3 Posts