KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys need a big hand here if anyone knows my crank just got a new conrod fitted and balanced other week when i got it back realised they hadnt put the thrust washers on i think they are need but they told me they weren't they mainly deal in car engines at agra precision engineering so i looked up on the net and printed off a from the ktm fiche showing that part is there and it came with the new rod but they dont want to put it on in case i come back saying it doesnt fit in the engine casing and the boy who done the job is adament that the measurements are the same from before he split the crank, and i took the part back to them they phoned me saying theyll do it not a problem if i give them the measurements of the crank does anyone have any idea on these measurements ive searched the net high and low looked at pdf manuals and nothing shows measurements im at wits end here can someone please help

cheers jamie

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
The thrust washers are NOT required in the 02 ish onwards cranks, so your man did good.

Across the webs should be 65mm +- 0.05mm.

You need to fit the crank in the cases and check the axial play (end float) this has to be 0.25 to 0.4mm otherwise the main bearings will be scrap very quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts