KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me I previously had a wr 426 and loved it never had a problem and used it on and off the road both were great. I deployed to Afghanistan and now have abit more money and would like to purchase a ktm but am not sure what bike best suites my needs. I love going for a causal ride on the Tarmac then shoot of road I love it what will be the better bike for me To enjoy both sides of enduro and have a lot of time off to do it can someone help me out and give me some genuine answers I have looked at loads of forums but all say mixed things would really appreciate some help may thanks ?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Not much difference in the two to be honest chap, see what is around on your return and pickup what is on offer. I love my 450 to bits the power delivery is awesome and plenty of torque. Where are you based / where do you ride locally?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for that do you think the 525 will be better for the road or no difference ? I'm with 40 commando in Taunton I'm from Bournemouth so ride at Salisbury plain and warham sometimes I go just about anywhere lol many thanks

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I raced a 525 for many seasons at expert level and loved the waves of torque that gave me and the blistering acceleration for overtaking. However it really is a beast. I think they great on the road and for trail riding and prefer them to a 450. But they do wear you out when racing if you not fit and strong. I could not race one now because I dont ride often enough. Keep it in mind that they are exactly the same bike with a different bore and stroke. You may get a better deal on the 525 because allot of people are scared of em and prefer the 450s.

I have one in the shed that I may take for a blast soon.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Finances dependant, you could consider the 690E unless you're racing?

I've got a 450 and a 950adv, both of which get ridden on/off road but I choose dependant on what the lads are riding on that day.

....I've probably made your decision making even harder.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
a 450 is a good allrounder I found the 525 530 a bit intimidating it was always on my mind "this fuckers going to bite" and believe me when it does get ready but like said above the big bikes torque is amazing i'm on my 4th 450 that in its self says something

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Yeah, they ask no questions, right hand says 55hp please, even accidentaly and that what you get, 55hp. And that is a shed load of power on a dirty bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts