KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The time has come to sell this beasty, since her complete rebuild she has probally done 5 hours - the rest of the time shes been parked up which is of course a complete waste.
Well ive got a new toy now and this one needs to be sold to someone who can use it to its full potential.
The bike is shown in the link below and is well known by the original forum members and a few peeps have had a ride too such as 660smc and Beer if they are still around and will vouch for its performance.

http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/members-b...progress.html?highlight=factory+work+progress

Being lc4 based the engine doesn't require over attention, just regular oil changes as with any performance biased engine.
Spares to go with it:
- spare tankcover, rear fender and rear panels - fair condition for track days.
- spare catch tank.
- 2 x akrapovic end caps (if you take a spill).
- FCR41 carb (genuine factory660 with twin accelerator pump circuit).
The bike is road registered on a 52 reg being a 2003 model and is identified on the logbook as a ktm 660 factory replica - so has been endorsed as genuine by KTM and the DVLA.
The bike was magazine featured in SMI also (a copy will go with the bike).
The bike is currently sorn and has no MOT as it has sat for nearly 2 years - before being put to bed the bike had a £2600 engine rebuild (reciept to prove) at HMRacing.
The bike was also setup and dynoed at 68hp with chart to prove. The bike is extremely responsive, much much lighter than all other lc4 based bikes.
I never had a speedo fitted as its not an MOT requirment and well never look much at speedos to be honest ;)
The tyres are very good diable rear and diablo rain front on classic excel/talon black and gold wheels.
This bike is something special and would make an excellent track day weapon or weekend toy ;)
I rode the bike for 3 summers on the road and it never skipped a beat riding all over Kent and Sussex.
If you are interested drop me a pm with an offer I DO NOT WANT THE EARTH FOR IT and am also not desperate in anyway to sell, so if your interested by all means make an offer.
Cheers
monkeyboy

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have thousands of pounds of reciepts for the bike and all available to show how much ive spent on it....

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
thats got to be the best 660 around, I aint seen anything better,

Good luck with the sale monkey.

btw, what you replacing it with?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ooh a four wheeled menace m8 im going all ghey and buying a quadbike! havent picked it up yet but looking forward to it. My knees wont put up with kicking the 660 no more which is a shame but ce la vie :)

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Busa engined quad by any chance??

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
hello monkeyboy how ya been are you still living in your caravan in ashford

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
with all the quality bikes that have come up for sale recently you could have a dream garage funds allowing :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts