KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heeelp

On the way home from work today, I noticed that my clutch handle did not go all the way in as before, it stopped about 1 cm from the handlebar,

so I changed the clutch oil and saw that the oil was dark, saw 2-3small small metal-like particles 0.5 mm in size

then added new oil in the clutch and bled it, but the handle was still not going all the way in when i tried to engage the clutch.

but it still worked, even though it felt like it did not disengage fully, but i could still be standstill when in gear and clutch pulled in

I went out and tried it a bit, did a wheelie (2-300 meters) took it down to switch gear, and the clutch handle was hard, not being able to pull the handle in,

the clutch handle went hard and does not disengage the clutch,

i opened the clutch cylinder down below and removed the "piston" and i saw a fairly deep scratch, can this be the answer to my problems?

Maybe the piston gets caught in the scratch and does not go all the way out to disengage the clutch

picture of the scratch:

The bike is a KTM 660 SMC 2004

any ideas on this?

·
Premium Member
31,428 Posts
Looks like its junk if its got a gouge in it. If you press the piston in with your finger, then pull the lever does the piston move OK? If you let it stand there does the piston move all the way out to the circlip?

125/200 SX/EXC have the same slave, so better scope for a used one :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I pressed the piston with my finger then pulled the lever, oil was comming out around the piston = Crap .. :p

even if i change the cylnder, the part that the piston is against on the engine, should that part be very hard? i tried to psuh it in but i couldn't.

posting a pic of the thing i mean:

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts