1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Snowy day in June etc...............

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bloke from KTM at the Elefantreffen this year,said there where no plans to release a 690 based ADV as he said it would cripple the sales of 990ADV.So who knows what they will be releasing in the next few years as the Rallye 690s are still being built as far as I know.When the 690ADV is finally released will sell my other kidney to finance it.My 640 is the best bike Ive owned,you can take it ant where.

cheers Phill

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
What would a 690 adv have that you can't add to a 690e?

The only thing I can think is a rear subframe and passenger seat + footpegs?

Safari do a front tank to take the capacity to 27L and you can make/buy a front screen....

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
What would a 690 adv have that you can't add to a 690e?

The only thing I can think is a rear subframe and passenger seat + footpegs?

Safari do a front tank to take the capacity to 27L and you can make/buy a front screen....
The lack of a good load-bearing subframe is the BIG weakness of this bike for any long distance adventure bike.
Aftermarket tank bolts/bushes are mandatory IMO (Ive seen too many broken 690s).
The safari tank isnt without its drawbacks either (rubbing/interferance with radiator)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I heard a small rumour that Rally raid products had a meeting with KTM with a veiw to him supplying KTM with the side mount tanks (front) and the full rally front end.

Why would they invest money in a 690 adventure when the products have already been designed and tested to add to the current 690's?

I've used both the safari tank and the rally raid tanks and in my opinion the rally raid tanks are far better.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wouldn't like the idea of spending £5000-£5500 or what the 690 enduro costs then throwing another £2000 plus to get it upto the spek of a 640 adventure.And then making a screen out of some sticky back plastic and pop bottles;) Be more cost effective buying a 990 instead. Plus with a single i would like the back up of a kick start just in case. ( 690 enduro electric start only:confused:) the rally kit does look good,but how much extra for the lights :confused: .......roll on 2012 for the 690 adventure :D

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Why would they invest money in a 690 adventure when the products have already been designed and tested to add to the current 690's?
Quite a few buyers will find a turn-key-ride-away option much more attractive. And hopefully, it would be cheaper?
Not all the aftermarket stuff works as well as planned - and it takes a fair bit of effort for a buyer to do the research on the different options so they dont end up with kak....
Its questionable for KTM, as to how bike the market is...

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Quite a few buyers will find a turn-key-ride-away option much more attractive. And hopefully, it would be cheaper?
Not all the aftermarket stuff works as well as planned - and it takes a fair bit of effort for a buyer to do the research on the different options so they dont end up with kak....
Its questionable for KTM, as to how bike the market is...
Theres an Ady Smith 690r on `flea bay`....wouldn`t say it was worth the 8k with the Talons etc...theres no good spec apart from another set of wheels and the SXS forks..but what do i know...i have one...and the Ohlins/Scott dampner never cost 500 odd sheets...check it out!!!

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
please ignore my ignorance.........why cant they put a kick start on one??? i have the spanner skills of a monkey,so simple answers please on a post card............
Electronic fuel injection requires a high pressure fuel pump running. These need a battery. So even if you had a kicker, it wouldnt be much use if you dont have anything to power the fuel pump.

Theoretically, its possible for the kicker to power the pump briefly, but I dont know of any EFI bikes that have a kicker...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts