KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Administrator
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 690 Enduro coming on March 20th, ordered last week from Jim Aim. The 690 will be a big brother to the 350 EXCF. I plan (hopefully) to do a rally next year, maybe the Illyria Raid 2021. The plan is to use the 690 but depending on how things work out over the next 12 months I may use the 350 if it proves to be too much of a handful or I'm not fit enough. A European rally is on my bucket list and doing it on a bigger big is appealing but I din't know how practical it will be.

I plan to put long range tanks on and a screen, I'm looking at Aurora Rally who seem to have the best kit and come top in a Facebook poll of rally bike owners.

Upgrades on delivery will be:
Wings exhaust
Heated grips
Michelin Trackers front and rear
HD tubes
Mirrors
KTM wrap around hand guards

Future upgrades:
IMS Rally Pegs
Aurora 690 Xplorer Rally Kit

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Suprised people are buying these and fitting bigger tanks, the 701 LR is less than a grand more and the tank set up should work with it being the manufactures own kit, many of these aftermarket add on tanks can be a pain. It also has pumps in both tanks so you can easily switch between front and rear
What do you want a screen for?

·
Administrator
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tanks on the Aurora kit are KTM oem. From the 450 Rally maybe. The screen is also from the 450 Rally and is just part of the kit and looks the nuts, and yes I am a bit vain with things like that.

·
Administrator
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Andrew, I have some of those already, had them on the previous 690 and 990.

·
Administrator
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

690 xplorer kit

Reactions: Miner and tools

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
The tanks on the Aurota kit are KTM oem. From the 350 maybe. The screennos just lart of the lkit and looks the nuts, and yes I am a bit vain with things like that.
Thought so, the "rally look":rolleyes: and what you would want on a rally are very different things.
Doubt you would get a 350 tank over a lattice frame.

·
Administrator
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest Lee there is every chance that I will decide the 690 is too big and just end up using it as an adventure bike. I think the 350 with a bigger tank would be the more sensible choice buy I've got a while to decide yet.

·
Administrator
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the Akra can at £900. Needless to say I didn't go for that and went for a more conventional Wings can at about £300

·
Administrator
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My Wing Exhaust arrived today and it looks amazing. Delivered cost was about £310. The quality is superb. Wings do not have a UK distributor so you need to email them and deal direct. The communications was very good and it arrived within about 5 days by DHL.

The marks you can see are just a thin film of oil on it. It looks like there are 2 baffles, one already installed and the other you can see in the picture. There is also a link pipe included.

·
Administrator
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've looked at them, they are on of about 5 companies making rally stuff for the 690. Looks good but I think I prefer the Aurora stuff

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are there any other options for wind protection if don't want to go with a full on rally kit?

Picked up 2019 Enduro yesterday and want to make a little more motorway friendly.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are there any other options for wind protection if don't want to go with a full on rally kit?

Picked up 2019 Enduro yesterday and want to make it a little more motorway friendly.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked up the bike today, had a short ride and very happy so far.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts