KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

241 - 260 of 277 Posts

·
Administrator
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Shitty conditions? Mud? Ruts? Where?
No wonder you managed over 200km's off road.😆
I didn't stop everywhere just to take pictures you know.

·
Administrator
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
I am really impressed with the 690, it's a really capable bike. I was a bit worried when I first bought it but now I have got the suspension setup and done a few other bits its seems to be the perfect green laner and light adventure bike

Reactions: unicycler

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am really impressed with the 690, it's a really capable bike. I was a bit worried when I first bought it but now I have got the suspension setup and done a few other bits its seems to be the perfect green laner and light adventure bike
Nearly as good as a PR7 then Adz!!!!! ;)

·
Administrator
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #246

·
Registered
304 Posts
I only ever see open flat paddock riding in the UK, apart from Wales and the odd forest.
No hills, clay, rocks or deep ruts. The soil looks great.
What's the worst that can happen.
It sounds like you are referring to the green lane type of riding. These are unsurfaced public roads, which are fine on the adventure/690 bikes and England is lucky to still have some of these. The green lanes in the South East of England are not that technical riding as the land is relatively flat and they are actually public roads.
To do technical riding in England you need to enter an event. The most technical riding I've done in the South East of England are the SEEC forestry enduros. Example below. ACU banned gopros a few years back so there are not many videos to see now. As it is forestry commission land, all events have been cancelled since covid came along.

·
Administrator
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #250

·
Registered
146 Posts
I only ever see open flat paddock riding in the UK, apart from Wales and the odd forest.
No hills, clay, rocks or deep ruts. The soil looks great.
What's the worst that can happen.
I think you may have been looking in the wrong counties - we have steep hills. deep ruts & wet chalk all on our doorstep!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, i have seen some of those switches with a square plug and an extra bullet type connect but I don't recall seeing the bullet connecter on the 690??

Which Illyria next year are you doing?
Did you ever change out the left side switchable to the EXC versions?

·
Administrator
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
I have bought it and need to fit it this week but am short on time.

I'll post up pictures when dine

·
Administrator
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Got the one with everything but I'm thinking of ditching my indicators as this bike will be used mainly off road

·
Administrator
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
There is a picture on the F2R web site that shows exactly that.

241 - 260 of 277 Posts