KTM Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I tried to do a rally once on tyres like that you are wasting your time also no good using tubes or tubliss on a bigger bike off road you will constantly be fixing puntures. Metzeler six days front and Maxxis IT rear with mousses is what you need for off road, fit them trail tyres on another set of wheels for the matcho look outside starbucks if thats what floats your boat.
guided for some mates recently,2 x new Africa Twins and a KTM 1090
the A/Twins were on enduro tyres and did a fair pace on a wet day
the lad on the 1090 was a lot slower and struggled to keep up 'cause he was on trail tryes
he finished Romaniacs, Sea to Sky and the 'Roof' in silver class on an enduro bike, so this guy could ride a bike

i never ride on the dirt without an enduro front tyre
you need to know that front's gona grip 'cause dabbing 200kg aint fun...

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Are you saying that the Mitas E09's are trail tyres?

I accept that if I were using the 690 seriously off road then I would put enduro tyres on but for the moment it's going to be used mainly in the road and a bit of laning if its dry. I still have the 350 to use if its wet.

Reactions: tools

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
New tyres arrived £137 delivered for the pair.

Comparison with the E07, first from left and third. E09 are the second and last.

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Suspension off and being delivered to FTR in the morning. Ktech ORVS kit going in and most likely a new spring fornthe rear. Although the suspension on the 2020 is an improvement over the previous model ot definitely needs work.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
New graphics arrived today from France. Official KTM licensed product so they can use the logo

Reactions: Miner

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I went for gloss, haven't unpacked it yet. Just about to have a closer look now.

Reactions: Dansin

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Quality looks really good, pack contains about 35 individual pieces.

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I tried to do a rally once on tyres like that you are wasting your time also no good using tubes or tubliss on a bigger bike off road you will constantly be fixing puntures. Metzeler six days front and Maxxis IT rear with mousses is what you need for off road, fit them trail tyres on another set of wheels for the matcho look outside starbucks if thats what floats your boat.
Lee, isn't he Maxxis IT is a motocross tyre?

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
When I looked it up on the Maxxis web site it only refers to MX, nothing about trail or enduro?

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
No its road legal but not fim, About the most agressive road legal tyre you can get, you can use them in uk rallys as well.

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I went out on those Mitas today , did about 130 miles on and off the lanes and the front is shit.

You were right Lee.

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Really really good. I have also gone down one spring rate on the rear and that feels much better.

Hard quite a hard ride and no bottoming at all. Still need to spend some time playing with the clickers (that now actually have an effect) and change the tyres but overall the Ktech ORVS upgrade has really transformed the suspension. Very plush now, all of the sharp jolts and bumps are gone.

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
New graphics fornthe 690 today.

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
It's starting to come together now. I have a Power Commander to fit also but waiting until after the first service next week.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
let me know when you finished everything and it's for sale... :)

61 - 80 of 112 Posts