KTM Owners Forum banner

KTM 690 Enduro 2020

55K views 304 replies 29 participants last post by  tools 
#1 ·
I have a new 690 Enduro coming on March 20th, ordered last week from Jim Aim. The 690 will be a big brother to the 350 EXCF. I plan (hopefully) to do a rally next year, maybe the Illyria Raid 2021. The plan is to use the 690 but depending on how things work out over the next 12 months I may use the 350 if it proves to be too much of a handful or I'm not fit enough. A European rally is on my bucket list and doing it on a bigger big is appealing but I din't know how practical it will be.

I plan to put long range tanks on and a screen, I'm looking at Aurora Rally who seem to have the best kit and come top in a Facebook poll of rally bike owners.

Upgrades on delivery will be:
Wings exhaust
Heated grips
Michelin Trackers front and rear
HD tubes
Mirrors
KTM wrap around hand guards

Future upgrades:
IMS Rally Pegs
Aurora 690 Xplorer Rally Kit

See less See more
#13 · (Edited)
My Wing Exhaust arrived today and it looks amazing. Delivered cost was about £310. The quality is superb. Wings do not have a UK distributor so you need to email them and deal direct. The communications was very good and it arrived within about 5 days by DHL.

The marks you can see are just a thin film of oil on it. It looks like there are 2 baffles, one already installed and the other you can see in the picture. There is also a link pipe included.

#15 ·
Check out this mob too, I don’t know anything about them.
Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Enduro Motorcycle racing

#21 ·
i'm hoping you like it and it's suitable for what you want Rallye-wise

but if you decide to use the 350 instead,let me know,cash waiting

cant believe how good the Aurora kit looks,why didn't KTM make a 690 ADV?
with rallye screen,extra tanks etc
i'm sure it would've sold in enough numbers

#22 · (Edited)
I've done about 100 miles on it so far, mixture of road and byways. The bike is great, powerful on the tarmac but it's not too much on the lanes. It is heavy though compared to the EXCF. I think the mistake is to look at this an enduro bike, in that light tou might be disappointed, think of it as an adventure/rally bike and its spot on.

The aurora full kit is very expensive at about £5k and adds about 18kgs in weight. Unless you really need that extra weight I think the better option in the Aurora light rally kit and if you want a bit more range use the Raid Garage 5ltr tank that fits in where the standard air filter goes.

This kit without the additional Raid Garage fuel tank is about £1800.

As for the rally next year I'm not sure what I will do but I don't plan to sell this for a while as it seems a really versatile bike.

#23 ·
I have a new 690 Enduro coming on March 20th, ordered last week from Jim Aim. The 690 will be a big brother to the 350 EXCF. I plan (hopefully) to do a rally next year, maybe the Illyria Raid 2021. The plan is to use the 690 but depending on how things work out over the next 12 months I may use the 350 if it proves to be too much of a handful or I'm not fit enough. A European rally is on my bucket list and doing it on a bigger big is appealing but I din't know how practical it will be.

I plan to put long range tanks on and a screen, I'm looking at Aurora Rally who seem to have the best kit and come top in a Facebook poll of rally bike owners.

Upgrades on delivery will be:
Wings exhaust
Gotta love that new bike feeling, congrats on the new addition (y)
Heated grips
Michelin Trackers front and rear
HD tubes
Mirrors
KTM wrap around hand guards

Future upgrades:
IMS Rally Pegs
Aurora 690 Xplorer Rally Kit

View attachment 32298
As you have obviously done a lot of research on the 'rally' kits, how did the offering from KIT690 come out? I have been looking at their kit for the 701.

#24 ·
Only read stuff on the internet to be honest, no actual experience of any of them. There is an inmate on here who has the kit690, is it stu or stupot? Not sure but he was very happy with it and he has had it for a good 2 years now.

On Facebook there are a few groups for rally enthusiasts and on one of those they had a poll pinned to the top asking for people to vote on the best kits and the Aurora one came out top by along way.

Aurora have now released their new lite kit for both the 690 and 701, this fits with the other kit that comprises of the tanks to give you full rally setup. It just means that you have the flexibility and can build it up over time.

Another thing to consider is who makes the fuel tanks. Some suppliers use OEM KTM tanks, others don't. I'd rather have OEM given the choice.

#25 ·
I had the bike delivered with Michelin Trackers enduro tyres, these are a full on enduro tyre but I have last night swapped them back over to the OEM Mitas E07. The trackers just cant handle the power of the 690 on the road. They seemed ok on the limited amount of byways I have tried but on the tarmac they just don't cut it. This 690 has plenty of power and because of the high bars and relatively low weight makes it very good through the twisted but it gets a bit scary with the trackers.

These are the Mitas, I'm going to drop the pressure and get out over the weekend, observing social distancing and all that, and take in a few lanes delivering shopping to my dear old mum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.