KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I recently purchased new 790R and am looking for advice. I would like to put a usb where you can see an orange and white label with 170/105 on it to the left of the display screen. I have asked my Ktm dealer but they don't know. (They did put a dual usb on handlebars but it fouls the fuel cap and any tank bag). Does anyone know at all? I would also like to have a wired satnav. Any advice appreciated. Tom
IMG_6462.JPG

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'm not really sure what you're asking.
Can it be done.. almost certainly.

I went a different route on my 1190. Are you any good at making up cables?
I put a relay (for switched 12 volts) and 5 volt psu from the relay under my seat and then ran the power cables up to the front, both going to small cable moulded sockets which can just be cable tied to the frame, or bars, or anywhere really.

If I have my phone holder/charger on the bike it plugs into the 5v one. If I have my Garmin on it plugs into the switched 12v one. The good thing is that I can also remove either if I'm not using them and the cables just took out of the way, and there's no need to cut holes in the dash area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really sure what you're asking.
Can it be done.. almost certainly.

I went a different route on my 1190. Are you any good at making up cables?
I put a relay (for switched 12 volts) and 5 volt psu from the relay under my seat and then ran the power cables up to the front, both going to small cable moulded sockets which can just be cable tied to the frame, or bars, or anywhere really.

If I have my phone holder/charger on the bike it plugs into the 5v one. If I have my Garmin on it plugs into the switched 12v one. The good thing is that I can also remove either if I'm not using them and the cables just took out of the way, and there's no need to cut holes in the dash area.
Hi, thanks for reply. Don't know whether you can see the twin usb on the handlebars but I would like to get rid of that and have it put where the sticker is.

Bit of a long story but...when I bought the bike I asked for a dual usb and the salesman (who has since left said it could be put there) but when I came to pick up the bike they had stuck the usb socket on the handlebars which is in the way. The dealers been ok but although he has researched it can't fit it where I would prefer (although I would think it probably can). So I'm looking round to see if anyones got any ideas. Also, importantly for me I would like them to do it because I don't want to cockup the electrics.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi. I recently purchased new 790R and am looking for advice. I would like to put a usb where you can see an orange and white label with 170/105 on it to the left of the display screen. I have asked my Ktm dealer but they don't know. (They did put a dual usb on handlebars but it fouls the fuel cap and any tank bag). Does anyone know at all? I would also like to have a wired satnav. Any advice appreciated. Tom View attachment 32188
On the road going KTM's that I have had there has always been an 'AC1' & 'AC2' 12 volt supply behind the headlight. One of them is switched with the ignition, the other is permanently fed. They draw 10 amps from memory, therefore ideal for USB, Nav or heated grips. Sounds like you need to change your dealer!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the road going KTM's that I have had there has always been an 'AC1' & 'AC2' 12 volt supply behind the headlight. One of them is switched with the ignition, the other is permanently fed. They draw 10 amps from memory, therefore ideal for USB, Nav or heated grips. Sounds like you need to change your dealer!
Thanks for your help. My dealers been pretty good at everything else, but yes have to say on this, not too impressed. I took it to another Ktm dealer. He said although he wasn't sure if it could be done, if I booked it in he would have a look. Again I don't think this is great. I would have to pay which might be for nothing. I'm surprised they don't seem to know.

I think I'll let them know what you said when I take it for its first service. I have to do 650 miles I think. Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts