KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi first post on here just wondering if anyone can give any advise on the oil level check bolt on 2013 ktm 85. I have come to do first oil change and put 500ml of oil in.....then the oil should slowly come out of oil level check bolt. Got nothing....put another 100ml in...still nothing....another 100ml nothing. Checked the hole for blockage but seems ok. I have noticed the casings are not standard but have been told they are same size as original from previous owner......do I keep filling to see if it will eventually come out of check bolt? Thanks a lot dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep referred to manual it says 500ml, it's on a level surface and it's the correct bolt I'm checking.....it's baffling

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
When you say casings not standard , is the level screw in the clutch outer case and this has been changed for a different one , that being the case (pun intended )I would just stick to the measured amount the manual says .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:joy: Yeh Im thinking it might be something to do with the non standard case......next time oil needs to be changed I think I will take it off and see if the oil level hole has been drilled?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi first post on here just wondering if anyone can give any advise on the oil level check bolt on 2013 ktm 85. I have come to do first oil change and put 500ml of oil in.....then the oil should slowly come out of oil level check bolt. Got nothing....put another 100ml in...still nothing....another 100ml nothing. Checked the hole for blockage but seems ok. I have noticed the casings are not standard but have been told they are same size as original from previous owner......do I keep filling to see if it will eventually come out of check bolt? Thanks a lot dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi mate I know this was a while ago but got a ktm 85 2015 with standard casings and it's doing the same to me did you get to the bottom of it after

1 - 8 of 8 Posts