KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m thinking about downsizing a little (bear with me) on my Ducati Multistrada.

The Ducati is a great bike, on a recent tour in Scotland it was impeccable, there was one point where we did some off the beat riding where I really enjoyed it but the Mulit felt a bit loose.

Its got me thinking that I would like to do more green landing and some rougher tracks and for that I’m thinking I should move on the Multistrada and im liking the KTM 890 Adventure bike which would suit me more I feel, I.e it’s approx 20kg lighter, slightly less powerful engine (I’ll never use the Multi) to its full potential.

Anyway can anyone recommend the 89 Adventure and advise on anything it would need, I have read about a Tech pack.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Should be perfect for unpaved roads and tracks yet still capable of touring / making you grin when you open it up.

If anything like the 3 adventures we have owned the seat will be shit so negotiate on ergo seats when buying

·
Registered
226 Posts
Definitely take a test ride. I took one out and was very disappointed. Felt cheaply put together and a substantially smaller than my 1290r(had to check they hadnt given me the 390). It's a pity as thought it would be my next bike..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts