KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
After considerable thought I have decided a ktm 950 se is the right bike for me :)
Does anyone on this site know for any good examples for sale?

Also is there any difference between the years?

thanks Andy

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Welcome to the site Andy!

You are not the only person "seeing the light" ( http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/bikes-bits-wanted/171655-ktm-950-super-enduro-wanted.html ) :) No difference in model years other than the special edition "Ezberg" ones that came with akro cans, different graphics, poss hand guards (stuff like that).

Love mine they are worth hunting out, around 130 were imported into the UK and people ted to hang onto them. Took me 6 months to ind the right one for me.
Akro cans, Safari tanks are the ££ extras hat are worth trying to get, the other options are, in comparison fairly cheap extras.

No one would offer me what I'd want to sell mine!

cheers

Markie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Markie,

Yes, probably timed things wrong, i`m in no real rush as I have my xr650r to keep me going off road. thanks for the link to the other thread, how did the se fair in the Pyrenees? (fuel range aside) I am planning a trip there myself in sep.

I have also been toying with a 950s adv but am not a massive fan of all the bodywork.

Thanks again.

Andy

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Thanks for the reply Markie,

Yes, probably timed things wrong, i`m in no real rush as I have my xr650r to keep me going off road. thanks for the link to the other thread, how did the se fair in the Pyrenees? (fuel range aside) I am planning a trip there myself in sep.

I have also been toying with a 950s adv but am not a massive fan of all the bodywork.

Thanks again.

Andy
It's in it's element in the Pyrenees/ on Big Spanish off road routes - much more suited to slogging round muddy, rutted, wet Hampshire lanes :)

There's one up on e-bay at the moment 25k mile and £5k from a daler.

cheers

Markie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's in it's element in the Pyrenees/ on Big Spanish off road routes - much more suited to slogging round muddy, rutted, wet Hampshire lanes :)

There's one up on e-bay at the moment 25k mile and £5k from a daler.

cheers

Markie
Yeah saw that one, spoke to the dealers but sounds a bit rough around the edges and he didn't have any history with it.

I may be wrong but was hoping for something a bit tidier and lower mileage for that money. Also i`m never keen on buying stuff from dealers with no history at all.

Its hard to gauge what you need to pay to get a good one to be honest.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Yeah saw that one, spoke to the dealers but sounds a bit rough around the edges and he didn't have any history with it.

I may be wrong but was hoping for something a bit tidier and lower mileage for that money. Also i`m never keen on buying stuff from dealers with no history at all.

Its hard to gauge what you need to pay to get a good one to be honest.
With relatively few in the UK, and only a few coming up, some used "as designed" :) and some used road only, I agree it is very hard to gauge what is the right price for a particular bike. Doubt you'll get a low milage minter for that money, but if you are not happy with the deal you are right to walk away. When I was looking I saw one that had EVERYTHING on it (Safari tank, Akros, racks, hand guards, fork bleeders, axle pullers - everything), but, it was rough as hell, no history, chain was nearly falling off and the dealer said "it's an off roader - they are meant to be like that" - what being able o lift the chain away from the rear sprocket??

Got the right one in the end, but that was nearly 3 years ago and they are getting scarcer - good luck mate.

cheers

Markie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With relatively few in the UK, and only a few coming up, some used "as designed" :) and some used road only, I agree it is very hard to gauge what is the right price for a particular bike. Doubt you'll get a low milage minter for that money, but if you are not happy with the deal you are right to walk away. When I was looking I saw one that had EVERYTHING on it (Safari tank, Akros, racks, hand guards, fork bleeders, axle pullers - everything), but, it was rough as hell, no history, chain was nearly falling off and the dealer said "it's an off roader - they are meant to be like that" - what being able o lift the chain away from the rear sprocket??

Got the right one in the end, but that was nearly 3 years ago and they are getting scarcer - good luck mate.

cheers

Markie
Yes its difficult when it comes to off road bikes but there is a big difference between a properly maintained battle scared bike and one that's not been looked after.
Thanks for your help, if and when i find one I'll post some pictures (im a bit fussy so may be a while :))
Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
331 Posts
I bought one before xmas and bigkuri has just bought one too. They are rare but do come up, you just have to be patient - which is frustrating

·
Registered
730 Posts
I got mine last year in showroom condition and 1,800 miles on it, if that! paid 6,500 and to be fair I now think I got a bargain! Sure its nearly new bike money but seriously there is nothing like an SE.

If you get a scuffy one send the engine to Pyndon for a good check over and spend the time cleaning it up, these bikes will only go one way in value.

Good luck in your hunt you wont regret it and join us on 950superenduro.com when you find it. Actually you can post up a wanted as well you never know!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts