KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a mechanically sound Super Enduro, I don't mind scrapes or the like to body work and will consider any year, standard or modified.

I am living in Ireland but I will travel to view one anywhere as I just cant find one for sale here..

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Good luck with your search - when I decided an SE was for me it took the bet par of 6 months to get one (needed to trade a 990 Adv) bu tit was worth it. coming up for 3 years of ownership and still get a buzz from seeing it in the garage / getting out on it.

Next bike will probably be a 690R or some such but for now would need the sort of money no one would offer to sell my SE!

cheers

Markie

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Hey Markie,

thanks for the support dude, ya there are a super bike to be sure.
How is the bike going for you, any problems with it.

Alan
It's going very well. No issues other than my ability - and the seat height has caught me out a few times off road where on my Adv I would have kept it up, it's taken a little nap :) Good job it's easier to pick up than the Adv.

Only significant change was I put a Safari tank on it because although the range is fine in the UK, some of my Spanish off road trips mean you are far from anyway for long stretches and the extra range the Safari tank gives means I never even think about fuel. With the stock tank, I would be starting to look for fuel every 90 - 100 miles. That sounds OK but some of the places in the Pyrenees I've been it takes ~30 miles from the nearest fuel to get properly into the mountains, 30 miles to get back and suddenly you've "only" got 60 / 70 miles to play with up there. Range on the Safari is just over 200 to a max of 248 before the light comes on, and I tested the light->dry once and did another 55 miles with normal (not frugal) riding.

cheers

Markie

·
Registered
291 Posts
I know a bloke that is probably going to sell his SE, should be in great condition with low miles and also has a Safari tank installed if I remember correctly.

He's an engineer aboard a luxury yacht so I'm not if he has internet right now, but I sent him a link to this thread. His name is David K. for your reference.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's going very well. No issues other than my ability - and the seat height has caught me out a few times off road where on my Adv I would have kept it up, it's taken a little nap :) Good job it's easier to pick up than the Adv.

Only significant change was I put a Safari tank on it because although the range is fine in the UK, some of my Spanish off road trips mean you are far from anyway for long stretches and the extra range the Safari tank gives means I never even think about fuel. With the stock tank, I would be starting to look for fuel every 90 - 100 miles. That sounds OK but some of the places in the Pyrenees I've been it takes ~30 miles from the nearest fuel to get properly into the mountains, 30 miles to get back and suddenly you've "only" got 60 / 70 miles to play with up there. Range on the Safari is just over 200 to a max of 248 before the light comes on, and I tested the light->dry once and did another 55 miles with normal (not frugal) riding.

cheers

Markie
55 miles after the light is interesting. Will test mine as I was assuming 25 max so big difference if the same. (As a rough guide light comes on at 90 miles) I've got the rear auxillary tank on order so looking forwards to seeing how that goes along with a 2 into 1 set up.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
55 miles after the light is interesting. Will test mine as I was assuming 25 max so big difference if the same. (As a rough guide light comes on at 90 miles) I've got the rear auxillary tank on order so looking forwards to seeing how that goes along with a 2 into 1 set up.
That is 55 miles from the light with the SAFARI I'd agree with 25 - 30. on the stock tank.

cheers

Markie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.