KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reluctant sale of my absolutely pristine condition 990 Adventure R. I tracked this mint example down and bought it with the intent of keeping it forever but alas it needs to go. It’s one of the very last that KTM made and is literally pristine. Not a mark on it anywhere. 10,600miles, full service history. Just had major service including all fluids/filters, valve clearances, new tyres, new chain & sprockets, new pads. Comes with Akrapovic end cans (plus originals), brand new and unused KTM hepco and becker panniers, KTM fog lights, KTM heated grips, KTM satnav mount with powered fitting for Garmin Montana. Wheels have been respoked with stainless spokes. Engine has been remapped by BSD to reduce the on/off throttle that these bikes are known for. Suspension serviced and heavier springs fitted for 95-105kg rider (comes with original springs which can be refitted easily). Also comes with everything needed for its next service (motorex oil, motorex coolant, oil and air filters, plugs and seals). £8499. I know this isn’t a cheap bike, but you will not find another one in this condition anywhere. PM me if you’re interested😀
A2BB8420-6952-45C1-B58E-ACB35C105210.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reluctant sale of my absolutely pristine condition 990 Adventure R. I tracked this mint example down and bought it with the intent of keeping it forever but alas it needs to go. It’s one of the very last that KTM made and is literally pristine. Not a mark on it anywhere. 10,600miles, full service history. Just had major service including all fluids/filters, valve clearances, new tyres, new chain & sprockets, new pads. Comes with Akrapovic end cans (plus originals), brand new and unused KTM hepco and becker panniers, KTM fog lights, KTM heated grips, KTM satnav mount with powered fitting for Garmin Montana. Wheels have been respoked with stainless spokes. Engine has been remapped by BSD to reduce the on/off throttle that these bikes are known for. Suspension serviced and heavier springs fitted for 95-105kg rider (comes with original springs which can be refitted easily). Also comes with everything needed for its next service (motorex oil, motorex coolant, oil and air filters, plugs and seals). £8499. I know this isn’t a cheap bike, but you will not find another one in this condition anywhere. PM me if you’re interested😀 View attachment 37637

forgot to add, it’s on a 13 plate, first registered June 2013

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
am I missing something here ?? I saw this on ebay below another adv R and thought about both , how much ????

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
it would have be a beauty ,as I said its more about astonishment about what some bikes are on the market for these days, its like the early LC4s , they are becoming expensive as well , anyway GLWS

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
£8499 is 2019 1090R money, it’s £6k that bike at best
I’ve been watching RC8Rs on eBay for the last year, you could get a 2010 R for 6.5k last March and a twin spark for less.
Now they start at 8.5 and there’s a low miles one on the Bay for 11.5k..

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
I’ve been watching RC8Rs on eBay for the last year, you could get a 2010 R for 6.5k last March and a twin spark for less.
Now they start at 8.5 and there’s a low miles one on the Bay for 11.5k..
I know, I very nearly bought one 4 years ago, 2009 full fat model with Akrapovic and all the trinkets, 5000 miles for £5995, that’s over £10k now, barmy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep, seems to be a COVID premium tax on everything at the moment...….
Makes no sense to me paying over the odds for something you can't really use at the moment and probably not for a little while yet, but what do I know?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
You did well there (y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts