KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So fill me in on what I need for my new bike.

I am thinking of the SW Motech bracket mounted above the clocks for the Sat Nav. I can wire this directly into the acc1 behind the headlight.
Looking for recommendations on a luggage pannier system but not one that makes the bike 6ft wide
Rear rack?
Any worthwhile upgrades?

It's a 2016 model with Wings exhaust so hoping it will have the heat deflectors etc fitted already.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And spotlights, any recommendations
Did charlie make a relocation plate for the side stand?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

Far better, do a rack as well as other stuff.

I ended up with the KTM original boxes (early ones) for my 1090r, just seemed like the most space for the least room, and you dont need a bunch of godawfull metalwork hanging all over the back of the bike. Perhaps not the most robust option, but I dont use em much and time will tell.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was looking for more selection on the Sat Nav, that one there does not fit the Garmin 595.
I'll have a look tomorrow night at the height I've got to use when the screen is at it's lowest.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have the motech mount above the clocks...the bottom of the Garmin overlaps the top of the clocks slightly but OK for me. The Perun one if for the Garmin Montana.

I've got Denali D2 aux lights with one of the high/low beam switching doofers...works well.

For luggage I have a Givi Dolomiti 46L box...I use it day to day for my work backpack plus safety boots etc, and can fit enough stuff in the box + a Kreiga US20 + tank bag for my camera and odds and sods for 2 weeks away (not camping).

I've also got a Motech Cargobag, but used the top box for last year's trip as it's easier to just lift out the inner bag with your stuff in each night than keep strapping on/off the tail pack!

I can take some more pics if you want.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
For my Montana I just drilled the shelf above the clocks and bolted a ram ball mount on it with a big washer underneath, which necessitates removing the headlight but looks cleaner than having a bulky mount there, cheaper too.

Before you go removing all the tank panels to get the headlight out have a look under the ciggy lighter socket dash (the underside is open). Mine had the ACC1 and ACC2 connectors under there too, which could save you some time wiring the gps.

·
Registered
14,977 Posts
Just ride the cunt you old fuddy duddy. You’ll sell it next month. Can’t you tek screw and duct tape all the shit off the GS onto it in the meantime?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have bumot paniers is 102cm width with cases on filters fine and holds plenty
Which Bumot panniers have you got?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just ride the cunt you old fuddy duddy. You’ll sell it next month. Can’t you tek screw and duct tape all the shit off the GS onto it in the meantime?
I'll have this two years then sell it, that is my Modus Operandi.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks a clean one PH, thinking of a 1190/1290 ADV myself
Collected this morning after dropping my Street Triple off for Portimao and it's so much better than I expected.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It has lovely Orange ones

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would anyone have a spare toolkit in the orange pouch for this bike?
I hate it when people lose the toolkit from their bike.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IMG_4968.jpg

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Bash plate for sure, get some under seat heat deflectors and the foil stuff to keep the heat at bay, it’s ok this weather, but in the summer you’ll be cooking the nads slowly over a long ride. I have OEM pannier rack (I will narrow it down at some point) and use Magadan panniers when travelling.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I seem to remember bigkuri tried the Motech GPS mount and said it was ace. Try and find a Zen luggage plate. Very good. I bent mine when I went flying with my 1190 last year (it landed on the rear corner of the plate after doing a triple axle) but managed to straighten it thank god.

And definitely a bash plate. I find a big new dent or gash in mine every time I take it off.

And check the side-stand bolts. They like to work themselves loose. As do the centre stand bolts (one of mine managed to file down the thread in the frame). I also had to close up the gap on the side stand bracket this winter (where the leg connects/swings on the bracket that connects to the bike) - it had worked itself open.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts