KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
clutch master cylinder on. in the kit theres a couple of different spacers to get the correct freeplay. needs to be right or the clutch either wont activate or itll stay on when hot lol.

it's no comparison to the standard cable. even a new cable with a monster lever ain't a patch on it. it's very similar to a modern ktm 450 in pull. heavier than a new 300.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
couldnt resist trying the forks on.
need to come off for revalve and some shrinkwrap covers.
fitted the SXS caliper but there seems to be a clearance issue. had to put 3 copper washers on to space the hose out enough.
not sure if I'll need a new hose for this.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
ching chongs latest import. the Konda :)
I'll park it next to the hongu and skyteam.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
rear brake fitted.
I tried to use a shiny 2018 pedal but it wouldn't fit. the bend wasnt enough to clear the engine.

one I've used is off a old 450 as they have much more clearance.

brake spring needed a bracket. it's just a reshaped RFS one with a random spring I had

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
scalvini looks nice and the pipe length will help it rev out but for the price the fit sucks. I had to reform the end as it was .3mm too small and assembling your own brackets takes the piss

Attachments

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I can see that bike being a real hoot to ride ....... bet you can wait :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
its going to be awesome (I hope) but the big push finishing this project is so I can make room and crack on with my no.1 project. a 1981 cr450 running talon wheels, kxf forks , discs all round. I've converted the motor to 480 (its running a 89mm cr500 piston )
cranks rebuilt and cases painted ready to go. want to do a rc250 seat and tank on it.
all the fabrication is finished, stems machined etc. just wants chassis painting and back together.
couple of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
new chain guard, spring washer and a blob of loctite .

another problem with these 500s is you cant run a o ring chain safely as it grinds the cases away.
I found a rmz450 sprocket fits and was off set couple of mm. this was taken into account when fitting the motor.
it allows a o ring chain with enough clearance to spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
doing the loom. theres 2 mounts for the rectifier and something else on the frame so chopped these out. will leave sufficient room for the cdi unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
notice the lighter on the pic where it's just the bracket. stole that off my ol gran, shes mental

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
electrics finished. not much to it but it has a new stator and you never really know whether it works till you plug it all in.

pegs on with new pins. took me ages to find the correct outside diameter washers . didnot want to be accused of doing half a job!

pegs are way too shiny. colours totally wrong looks shite tbh

Attachments

41 - 60 of 77 Posts