KTM Owners Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
making rear mount.
the bracket on the frame takes a m8 bolt through its top hat but it wants to be a m6.
the exhaust spacers are exactly the same but are m6 👍

old mounts cleaned up on the pipe

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
bikes had its first crash.
I lowered it on the stand for no reason except pure stupidity, forgot I'd removed the clamps from the pegs and over she went ffs!

was a good time to fit the bar ends to prevent any damage to the grips.

had another go at the silencer link pipe. any tension on the pipe will cause a crack in no time with a 500. I'm not a fan of using washers everywhere to space it out either so got the fire axe out and got it perfect

last box of bits arrived. found some new acerbis plastics really cheap , overflow pipes and fuel hose.
also the new scrub seat cover arrived. these are brilliant quality. real grippy too.

tried the panels on. not sure on the new style fender kit tbh but I'll decide one the graphics and number boards are on.

the box of parts for this bike are almost empty. I have the head mount to finish, clutch, and couple of small jobs . will be fired up by weekend

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
Looking very good. I would be tempted to stick with oem 2008/11 graphics ...... where the cap overflow elbow is is a good spot for an hr meter. You can keep check on srevice hrs more easily. Only a few quid off www. I use them on all the bikes.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
thanks for the comments guys :)

we think a like as one of the things in the box to fit is a hour meter. I agree they are essential . regarding plastics and graphics I have a new set of gen ktm shrouds with the in lay graphics and a set of the powerparts numberboards. I'm not a fan of wild graphics. i like understated (he says with ohlins and a 500 lump)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
certain jobs in life I do not like no matter how often I do them, taking the bin out at 7am friday morning, changing shitty nappies, washing bowls with dried on porridge and fitting seat covers.

my advice. get it warm on a radiator.

couple of staples at the front centre.

small amounts on tension and couple in the back centre.

just work your way from front to back leaving a 2 inch gap between staples.

work against a clean flat surface to make sure the staples are seated.

at this point you can turn the seat over. is the cover twisted? if so remove 1 or 2 staples in that area (remember the reason you leave a 2 inch gap between staples is so you can make adjustments if needed)

when your happy it straight and taut you can run a line of staples down each side working front to back.

trim the excess cover with a sharp knife.

BONUS MAGIC TRICK. I'm always asked 'sand300 how come it looks so taut and firm?

fit the seat and get it hot with a heat gun. it will remove any wrinkles and slightly shrink the cover.
no sagging here.....

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
head mounts almost finished. the head mount is 1mm thicker than the frame mount. i could just use a washer to space it out but I'm going to machine a flat either side for where it meets the head. the rubbers are stock on a cr500 the prevent the head bolt coming loose.

Attachments

61 - 77 of 77 Posts