KTM Owners Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
lol saw that, the workmanship is always 'interesting ' on their bikes. can ride the buggers well mind

·
Premium Member
7,495 Posts
Yeah, that swingarm 'flip and re drill' looked very sketchy, as did the fuel line a few mm from the chain ....... 8-0

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
A bit rough and ready but what a cool idea...

Can excuse the LEDs and spokey dokeys if they are an actual stunt team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
finally got the rekluse fitted. the new Radius Cx models are brilliant.

I've only put an hour on it so far. theres was a bit of set up to do on this one as it's a older cr500 engine with a newer style clutch, cr250 push rod, cr500 top hat, ktm450 needle bearings and magura master cylinder conversion.

the problem was getting the correct free play and pick up for the rekluse to work yet still work within the maguras rather limited 17mm of throw on the master cylinder whilst still being low down on the cr500 cam arm (this keeps the clutch action light)

if it had been a later style cr500 motor with a cable clutch I'm sure it would have been perfect fit straight away.

I really do recommend these later style rekluses. the delayed pick up of the old style are gone with the new torque drive plates.

certainly not necessary on a smaller 2 stroke (I cant remember the last time I stalled the 300) but for a 4 banger or big smoker its ideal.

it feels just as it did before I.e wild! but the rekluse is there to hold your hand when you get it wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
really well. one of the biggest drawbacks with a 500 is the lack of revs. sometimes youd find yourself having to shift up when in a ideal world youd just hang onto the gear a bit longer so the search of revs is really important. the long silencer and dep pipe (they are a mid to top style pipe) aids revving out.

this coupled with the Stic, head mods and matched billet manifold is all aimed to find rpm.

14-47 gearing, flat out up my tarmac lane you see 8300 flash up on the tacho which equates to 91 mph .

i just had a ride on a bog stock 1990 cr500 and the difference is unbelievable, just a totally different bike. still lots of fun. more of a novelty item.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts