KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 SDR
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a bit of a fit at KTM UK! :oops:

Background.....when I bought my Gem3 SDR end of August I ordered various Power Parts items including the Fly Screen Product Code: 61708908044 (£78.00) which finally arrived (tank protection kit still outstanding but that's another matter).
The three 'screws' for fitting the screen had a really poor (cheap/nasty) finish so I emailed the dealer with a photo and asked for replacements.....due to Covid/furloughs they asked that I contact KTM direct which I did.

It's like wading through treakle dealing with KTM Support UK, serveral messages exchanged before I get this last reply:

KTM UK said:
Dear Mr Williams,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to confirm that M&P have incorrectly referred you to us. This is not a matter KTM UK can help with as all parts orders are fulfilled by our dealership network, additionally, all issues with parts have to be taken up with your supplying dealer in line with their returns policy. Therefore, we can only recommend you contact another member of staff at M&P if Keith Fender has been furloughed.

We have checked our warranty database regarding the Flyscreen – Part number 61708908044 – and found no reported issues or previous claims in relation to the finish of the screws. This would leave us to conclude that the finish was damaged by using an ill-fitting tool or not torqued to the correct setting as detailed in the fitting manual: 3.5Nm (2.58 lb ft). As stated in our last email, unfortunately, such damage does not qualify as a warranty claim unless the installation (workmanship) was completed by an authorised KTM dealer. However, given the backorder delay of the Flyscreen, KTM will as a one-off gesture of goodwill, cover the cost of 3 replacement screws (M5x14 – Part number 60708008071). With this in mind, please contact M&P, who have been informed of our goodwill gesture and will be able to order the screws for you upon receiving your call/email.

We trust this response is to your satisfaction and wish you safe riding.

Kind regards,

KTM UK Customer Service Team
KTM SPORTMOTORCYCLE UK LTD
www.ktm.com
Ref:MSG2619739
......to which I have responded:

AndyW said:
I will keep this brief!
I am somewhat angry at your accusation ('conclusion' reached) that I damaged the screws!...
1) As I said (at least once)....."the screws were received in the condition shown i.e. brand new items unused as packaged by KTM."
2) The poor finish described (and shown in my photo) is not even commensurate with damage that might be done on installation.
3) Really unprofessional of you to make such an accusation whatever your opinion. (especially as such an opinion has been formed on this occasion due to your not having property read/understood my clear description of the issue)
So...
Disappointed to have received the sub-standard fasteners in the first instance and VERY disappointed with your response (attitude).

At least the screws are being replaced FOC.
o_O

·
Registered
383 Posts
Similar with the pp triple clamps, billet clamps with shit bolts I just bought titanium ones.

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 SDR
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
😲...I'll have you know my personal washing regime is beyond reproach 😆
No contact details given.... KTM UK CSO peeps remain, faceless, nameless, in the absence of evidence to the contrary... automatons 😜
A very impersonal service.

Just used the published contact system.

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
I dont know why you accepted the dealers advice about going to KTM. Thats bollocks. They supplied it so its their responsibility.

Reactions: Tristy

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 SDR
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont know why you accepted the dealers advice about going to KTM. Thats bollocks. They supplied it so its their responsibility.
Irrelevant now....it's KTM customer service that's at issue here, how I came to deal direct with them doesn't matter....imho no excuse for that response to me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You’re warranty lies with dealer however it is at discretion of UK KTM if that is the route you chose to go to.
Shot yourself in foot having hunted it down like

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sales of goods act
You are entitled to replacement or refund of goods that are not fit for purpose. So back to supplier and quote your rights under sale of goods act. I did the same with Evotech and received a new updated replacement part.
A lot of people are not aware of their rights, but they are there

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Aware of theirs rights.....the motor hasn’t shit itself after 50 miles....we are talking 3 bolts that historically are crap, private punters and head office go together like monkeys and hand grenades, life is way too short for such hassle.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I've said from the start with the Gen 2/3's a decent looking fly screen should be factory fitted coz it's a right arse of a job cleaning the flies off the Dash :mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.