KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wished him all the best at the end of his contract :-/

Wonder if he'll go to another brand. Shame he seems to have had injury after injury :(

·
Administrator
9,293 Posts
Anything is the press about this? Google search does not show anything

·
Administrator
9,293 Posts
Wished him all the best at the end of his contract :-/

Wonder if he'll go to another brand. Shame he seems to have had injury after injury :(
How do you know this?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
i had a link sent to me via facebollox..i dont go on there but the link is from zona enduro, i cant send it as im usless with all that!

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Trying to get my head around Jarvis is old enough to be Walker’s dad and Walker’s dropped!

As for my opinion (shocked some of you will be to know I have one 😁) Beta doing well in the Enduro GP what about Walker doing them proud in WESS?

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
214 Posts
Typical KTM........they have Mani now who is winning and still really young!

Hopefully he signs for someone else and gets back to full fitness and speed.....in 2018 he was head and shoulders the fastest rider across the series until his massive crash at the Megawatt

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Misery guts my mum says that.
Her mother was one.
My gran used to call my papa (god rest his soul) flat baws... “ask auld flat baws if he wants a cup of tea...” why do you call him that Wull (Wilma) somebody said “because he’s never aff that chair fae he comes in fae his work!”

I love my gran, she’s a legend!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
KTM's marketing model is based on winning competitions. Unfortunately, JW stopped winning a while ago and while we all know he has the history and ability, they will simply be looking at results and he hasn't had a win for a while. They are pretty cut-throat about it. They go around scooping up the top talent and then drop them when they aren't winning. Makes it look like you need to be on a KTM to win but in actual fact, KTM will only pick you up if you are winning. Christ - they set up the entire WESS championship just so they could have their bikes at the top.

Personally, I saw this coming when he wasn't at Romaniacs.

Good luck to JW22 and I hope he gets a ride with Sherco or Beta or something. Unless of course he's had enough - which is understandable.

Edit - “He has been an important part of our team and has been integral to our ongoing success. Despite our best efforts we were unable to negotiate a deal to keep Jonny on the team. We wish him all the very best for the future.”

Sounds like with Mani and Billy on the card, they were going to slash his pay, so he walked.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
It’d be a real shame if he doesn’t re appear on a Beta or Sherco. He’s had injury after injury so you can see KTMs thought process but there’s other companies out there ready to have him. Cody Webb got the same. Now he’s winning on Sherco.

·
Registered
324 Posts
See also Chaz Davies & Ducati in WSB

Chaz signed off with a win, beating everyone including his signed replacement, and left this quote

It is not the critic who counts. Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds, who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts