KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Still contracted to KTM until the end of December so I doubt there will be anything official announced until then.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Rumors going around of Brad Freeman moving from Beta to TM now that Boano team will be TM factory. I read one his his posts (facebook or Youtube, can't remember which) where he alluded to a change. Really hope Walker moves to another factory team.....
Nope....signed for Beta for 3 years :)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Seen a vid from JW advertising his Rider for Riders gig in Jan in Israel and looks like he’s in hospital again:/

big grin about being on a ‘new’ bike.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I'd like to see that vid too :unsure:

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
I preferred the underwear removing vid after!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Can someone translate this philosophical bollocks for me please? 😂

"It is not the critic who counts. Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds, who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

·
Administrator
9,299 Posts
Its easy to be a critic.

Like most people on here 🤣

·
Registered
325 Posts
"It is not the critic who counts. Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds, who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
It's from a speech given by Theodore Roosevelt (father of WWII American president FD Roosevelt) who served as President of the USA himself from 1901 to 1909.

He's saying it's easy to be a critic, harder to be a contender.

Chas Davies put it up on his website after being sacked by Ducati. He won his last WSB race, beating the following riders:
1) The reigning world champ
2) His team mate
3) The guy who will take his place on the team next year.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Right. I thought these words were directly from his lips. 😁

·
Registered
325 Posts
Davies has every right to be p-d off: Ducati waited until all other seats on other factory bikes were taken, before telling him that the three-man team he had been led to believe he would be part of would be a two-man team he would not be part of. Can't help thinking that they were seeking to eliminate a rival before the start of the season by using that dubious tactic: if he'd been on a works Honda, for instance, he could have got between Ducati and Kawasaki.
Personally, I hope he gets a ride on something competitive, and kicks Ducati's arse for them.
Failing that, I suppose he could come to the UK and win BSB, which would be a bit of a payday, if nothing else.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Jonny Walker Off-Road Racer puts an end to speculation by creating his own, officially Beta Racing-backed team, to race the new FIM Hard Enduro World Championship.

#Enduro21 #thisisenduro #hardenduro #extremenduro #twostroke💪

Guess that means he’s just doing the events he wants and Beta just giving him the tools to do it rather than a full factory set up.

·
Administrator
9,299 Posts
If he does well it will really boost Beta's reputation in the Enduro world and will surely increase their sales.

Reactions: steveman and Miner

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
100%. If he turns up on his own bike, his own team and then beats everyone it’ll be impressive. It’s going to be great to watch as there’s no better motivation than kicking your previous employers sorry orange ass!

41 - 60 of 95 Posts